Chocolat

by Joanne Harris | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingyorkshire-lasswing of Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on 5/29/2013
Journal Entry 1 by wingyorkshire-lasswing from Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 29, 2013
Thank you for picking up this book and logging on to the website, I hope you enjoy reading it, when you have finished it please make a journal entry so that I know what you have decided to do with the book next. If you decide to join BookCrossing (it’s free and completely private your e-mail address is never given out) please say yorkshire-lass sent you. Happy BookCrossing!

Amazon Editorial Review

WHEN AN EXOTIC STRANGER, VIANNE ROCHER, ARRIVES IN THE FRENCH VILLAGE OF LANSQUENET AND OPENS A CHOCOLATE BOUTIQUE DIRECTLY OPPOSITE THE CHURCH, FATHER REYNAUD DENOUNCES HER AS A SERIOUS MORAL DANGER TO HIS FLOCK - ESPECIALLY AS IT IS THE BEGINNING OF LENT, THE TRADITIONAL SEASON OF SELF-DENIAL. AS PASSIONS FLARE AND THE CONFLICT ESCALATES, THE WHOLE COMMUNITY TAKES SIDES. CAN THE SOLEMNITY OF THE CHURCH COMPARE WITH THE SINFUL PLEASURE OF A CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE?

I read this a few years ago and loved it.

Journal Entry 2 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Released 4 yrs ago (10/7/2014 UTC) at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom

This is on its way to Chawoso in Germany, the decoy in the September Sweets Sweep.
Hope you enjoy the book and the "sweets" :-)

Journal Entry 3 by wingchawosowing at Heusenstamm, Hessen Germany on Wednesday, October 22, 2014
So many sweets and also bookish sweets. What a nice idea!

Thanks, yorkshire-less. I also read that book some years ago and I liked it! Now I will look for some new readers.

Alphabet VBB

Journal Entry 4 by wingchawosowing at Heusenstamm, Hessen Germany on Sunday, June 28, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (6/28/2015 UTC) at Heusenstamm, Hessen Germany

It's travelling to China as part of the Alphabet VBB round 9.

Happy reading!

Journal Entry 5 by BaiLong at Shanghai, Shanghai China on Tuesday, July 14, 2015
I received this book today. Thank you chawoso! Now, all I have to do, is find some free time and some nice chocolate, and start reading it!

Journal Entry 6 by BaiLong at Shanghai, Shanghai China on Thursday, August 20, 2015
It's a sweet book, a light delicacy and great distraction, like the chocolates Vianne is making. It has a nice story, it reads well. I was very easily caught in it.

Yet I found it a bit too easy. It's a book about a lot of interesting subject, about tolerance, appearances, happiness, beliefs, humanity, etc. And I was quite often frustrated since I found that the author often took the easy way out. It hints at complexities in the characters, yet their acts are often too simplistic. In a certain way, I found it a bit too full of good intentions and manichaea

Released 3 yrs ago (8/21/2015 UTC) at Book, Tea and Chocolate Sweepstake, Sweepstake Winner -- Controlled Releases

The book is on its way to the winner. I hope she'll enjoy all different types of "Chocolats" in the parcel!

Journal Entry 8 by wingnimrodielwing at Evanston, Illinois USA on Thursday, September 10, 2015
This got here safely. I read this years ago as well as the sequel. It is not my very favorite of Joanne Harris's books but it is an enjoyable read. Thanks for including it in my package of tea and chocolate treats :)

Journal Entry 9 by wingnimrodielwing at McGaw Care Center & Frank Foster Pavilion in Evanston, Illinois USA on Wednesday, January 06, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (1/6/2016 UTC) at McGaw Care Center & Frank Foster Pavilion in Evanston, Illinois USA

Left on a book shelf in a common area on the third floor ward.