Truelove & Homegrown Tomatoes: A Novel

by Julie Cannon | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingHI77wing of Fort Myers, Florida USA on 5/29/2013
Journal Entry 1 by wingHI77wing from Fort Myers, Florida USA on Wednesday, May 29, 2013
The world in a red tomato,

pulsing with the promising,
the recycle of a season

Journal Entry 2 by wingHI77wing at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Saturday, June 01, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (6/1/2013 UTC) at Fort Myers, Florida USA

This little book is taking new life as part of the Tag Game! :)

May it bring many hours of fun reading to its new reader! :D

Journal Entry 3 by wingBkind2bookswing at Clarksville, Tennessee USA on Friday, June 07, 2013
I am looking forward to reading this - thank you so much for the tag, HI77!

Just the right thing for a summer's read - our garden is blooming and I am looking forward to bacon and tomato sandwiches with my own homegrown tomatoes. Aaah, summer.

Journal Entry 4 by wingBkind2bookswing at Clarksville, Tennessee USA on Friday, July 19, 2013
Sweet story of Imo Lavender, an older Southern lady raising 2 girls that she's taken in, Jeanette and Lou. This novel in some ways has the pace of the No 1 Ladies Detective series - there's not a large amount of action, it's more evocative of a place and the interaction among the main characters. Imo loses her husband of 48 years and eventually decides, with the help of her friends, that she might like some male companionship in her life. She dates several men and deals with the raising of her 2 girls. I love the title - referred to in the story as the only things that money cannot buy. Sweet as Southern tea.

Journal Entry 5 by wingBkind2bookswing at Clarksville, Tennessee USA on Thursday, August 22, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (8/22/2013 UTC) at Clarksville, Tennessee USA

Sending in wishlist tag

Journal Entry 6 by dvg at Flanders, New Jersey USA on Saturday, September 07, 2013
Arrived safely in NJ! Thank you so much for tagging me with this interesting read. I think I'm gonna like it...I can't wait to dive in...much like a BLT. ;)

Journal Entry 7 by dvg at Flanders, New Jersey USA on Tuesday, August 05, 2014
I was so happy to read such a well written little story. Like Bkind2books indicated, its not a high action book but sometimes that is exactly what you need to read. I loved Imo and enjoyed reading about her, her life and her girls. I must admit to growing my first tomato plant this year and got a couple of tips from this book for next year.

Note to future readers: While it is not coming up in the search engine, it is on a few BCers wishlists...as I discovered by a lovely PM. Try searching with "and" instead of "&" and you might get a hit.

Journal Entry 8 by dvg at To Another BCer, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Released 4 yrs ago (8/28/2014 UTC) at To Another BCer, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

This is now traveling to dove-i-libri. I am sure you will enjoy this story.

If you are new to BookCrossing and found this book, Welcome! I hope you enjoy the book and the BookCrossing community. It's all confidential (you're known only by your screen name and no one is ever given your e-mail address), its spam-free and its free to join. If you prefer, you can remain anonymous.

Whether you join or not, I hope you'll take a moment to make a journal entry so all the previous and future readers can track this book's journey through the world. You can journal now saying that you’ve found the book. Then after you’ve read it, come back to tell us your opinion of the story, and let us know where the book is going next.
Happy Reading and Happy BookCrossing!

Journal Entry 9 by wingDove-i-Libriwing at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Friday, September 05, 2014
Thank you so much! I was attracted to this book by its quirky title, and when I read the description, I just knew I would enjoy it! Thank you so much for thinking of me! I hope I get to read it soon!

December 3, 2017: Planning my reading and my "Reduce TBR Mountain Challenge" for 2018, and have this book lined up for the challenge! FINALLY getting to read some books I've been looking forward to!

January 25, 2018: Starting this today. Hoping I enjoy it as much as its previous readers have. Will use it as part of my "Reduce Mount TBR Challenge" (Link),
offer it as part of BookstoGive's General Literature VIrtual Book Box (Link), and then send it along as part of Booklady331's "Keep Them Moving Challenge" (Link).

2/24/18: A wonderful story of life triumphing over grief. Thank you for sharing.