Scarlet Feather

by Maeve Binchy | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by Chremajora of Siegen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on 5/28/2013
Journal Entry 1 by Chremajora from Siegen, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Tuesday, May 28, 2013
Cathy Scarlet and Tom Feather are on the brink of realising their dream: to open a catering company in the heart of Dublin, the eponymous Scarlet Feather. Friends since college, Cathy and Tom are sure of each other and united in their shared goal, but not everyone around them is so supportive of their ambitions.

A disapproving mother-in-law, an overworked husband, a distracted girlfriend and terrible twins, hell-bent on creating as much havoc and asking as many difficult (yet humorous) questions as they possibly can, stir up recipes for trouble. Passion could very well be a feature on the menu as Tom and Cathy turn increasingly to each other for support and grow ever closer in their shared aim of making Scarlet Feather the best catering company Dublin has ever seen.

In Scarlet Feather Binchy once more does what she does best: introducing a cast of characters whose personalities develop gently and whose lives are carefully and almost imperceptibly blended into the mix of love affairs, heartache, humour and family ties. One of the finest aspects of Binchy's feather-light touch is that it's almost possible to forget that you are reading a work of fiction and feel instead as if you are amongst a group of friends. --Emily Lowson

*******************************************
I have a student, Marita, who is a real bookworm. I have never seen anyone devour books like she does! Unfortunately, Marita is not computer literate and is not a fully-fledged member of book crossing. She has, however, given me a pile of books to register and release in her name... and this is one of them! Hope it finds a new home soon...

Journal Entry 2 by Chremajora at Ruurlo, Gelderland Netherlands on Sunday, February 21, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (2/22/2016 UTC) at Ruurlo, Gelderland Netherlands

Congratulations! You won the draw for my Maeve Binchy, Catherine Cookson etc. books - Happy reading!

Journal Entry 3 by wingCamperfanwing at Ruurlo, Gelderland Netherlands on Saturday, March 05, 2016
From the stock of Chremajora, with thanks.

I will put this book on my MTBR for June as we are then having a Colour Challenge at the Dutch Forum
It is part of the following challenges:
366/366 2016 van Aaltsje
Juni: Thema Kleur van creative Chaos.

Journal Entry 4 by wingCamperfanwing at Ruurlo, Gelderland Netherlands on Wednesday, June 29, 2016
A long time ago I've read this book before and it was like meeting an old friend. Good to read it again.

Journal Entry 5 by wingCamperfanwing at Station in Ruurlo, Gelderland Netherlands on Thursday, June 30, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (6/30/2016 UTC) at Station in Ruurlo, Gelderland Netherlands

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...

On a bench at the entrance to the trains.