The Virgin In The Garden

by A.S. Byatt | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by karendawn of Lafayette, Indiana USA on 12/10/2003
Journal Entry 1 by karendawn from Lafayette, Indiana USA on Wednesday, December 10, 2003
My thoughts on this book are hard to describe. I loved Byatt's Possession and was eager to read more of her books. This one took me a very very long time to get through because it just didn't seem to really be going anywhere and I am really not sure what to make of it. There are two more books that follow this one dealing with these characters, but I haven't yet read those.

From the back cover:
[This book is] a wonderfully erudite entertainment in which enlightenment and sexuality, Elizabethan drama and contemporary comedy, intersect richly and unpredictably. This tale of a brilliant and eccentric family fatefully divided is sure to please the thousands of readers who made Possession a national bestseller.

Journal Entry 2 by karendawn at on Friday, January 16, 2004
Release planned for Saturday, January 17, 2004 at Mailed to a fellow Bookcrosser in n/a, n/a Controlled Releases.

On its way as a help-me-clear-off-my-shelf RABCK. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by Xana from Genève, Genève Switzerland on Thursday, January 22, 2004
Wow! That was fast! And because of that I think it deserves to pass to the top of my TBR mountain.

Thanks karendawn, I promisse I'll make it continue it's journey.

Journal Entry 4 by Xana at Quelque part dans le canton de Genève in Genève, Genève Switzerland on Tuesday, October 13, 2020

Released 7 mos ago (10/1/2020 UTC) at Quelque part dans le canton de Genève in Genève, Genève Switzerland

In the neighbourhood sharing box, Rue Liotard.