@The Mammoth Hunters

by Jane M Auel | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Leukonoe of Berlin (irgendwo/somewhere), Berlin Germany on 12/9/2003
Journal Entry 1 by Leukonoe from Berlin (irgendwo/somewhere), Berlin Germany on Tuesday, December 09, 2003
After finishing the Valley of Horses, I cannot wait to go on reading - Ayla is such a wonderful hero to identify with, and the books real page-turners, besides the fact that almost everything the author describes fits to what we archaeologically know about the Middle and Upper Palaeolithic. So I rescued this copy from an antiquarian bookseller.

Journal Entry 2 by Leukonoe from Berlin (irgendwo/somewhere), Berlin Germany on Thursday, January 15, 2004
I can only recommend the Ayla books to any professional prehistorian! Although some details of Auel's interpretation are debatable, she helps a lot in finding a more emotional approach to the palaeolithic.

Journal Entry 3 by Leukonoe from Berlin (irgendwo/somewhere), Berlin Germany on Monday, August 16, 2004
Goes off as a RABCK to Portugal to fulfill a wish.

Journal Entry 4 by Pequete from Bragança, Bragança Portugal on Friday, August 20, 2004
I've just receivd it. After reading the two first volumes, I've put this book on my wish list. Thank you, Leukonoe for fulfilling it!

Journal Entry 5 by Pequete from Bragança, Bragança Portugal on Wednesday, April 06, 2005
Great, great book. Why don't they use them to teach us in school? I now have to find it in Portuguese for my kids. The book is now lent to a non-bookcrosser here in Bragança/Portugal. And I've already started the next one...

Journal Entry 6 by Pequete from Bragança, Bragança Portugal on Friday, January 13, 2006
It is back to my bookshelf and now available for anyone who might want to read it.

Journal Entry 7 by Pequete at on Monday, April 28, 2008

Released 10 yrs ago (4/28/2008 UTC) at

Sorteado em comemoração do meu 4º aniversário de BookCrossing. Enviado esta manhã à conto. Boas leituras!

Journal Entry 8 by wingcontowing from Lisboa (city), Lisboa (distrito) Portugal on Wednesday, April 30, 2008
Obrigada, obrigada, obrigada, obrigada! (um por cada um dos teus anos BC!)

Sabes que, tinha essa sensação fiz uma pesquisa e confirmei, já me tinha candidatado a este livro num outro sorteio teu, há dois anos atrás?!!
E a razão foi a mesma: depois de ler as JEs fiquei tão curiosa que não resisti, apesar de não ter lido os volumes anteriores e apesar da pilha TBR enoooorme.

Não sei quando lhe poderei pegar, devido a isso mesmo mas, apesar do tamanhão dele, acho que o vou passar à frente de uma série deles, porque apetece-me imenso saber como será contada uma história passada há 25000 anos e, ao que parece, com tanto interesse...

Seja quando for, volto cá depois a dar o meu "testemunho"!

Journal Entry 9 by wingcontowing from Lisboa (city), Lisboa (distrito) Portugal on Thursday, July 31, 2008
Just now noticed I've written the whole of the previous JE in portuguese. Sorry about that! Anyway, I was just trying to thank Pequete for it.

I've finished reading this book just now, and even with the excess (IMHO) of romance in it, I loved it.
It made me remember the books I loved as a child, always set on some historical background but creating a credible fiction story around it, so Pequete's remark about teaching with the help of these books just makes absolute sense to me!
Once more, thank you so very much for it!!

"The series ['The Earth's Children'] is set in Europe during the Upper Paleolithic era, and focuses on the period of co-existence between Cro-Magnons and Neanderthals. It tells the story of Ayla, a Cro-Magnon girl who is adopted by a tribe of Neanderthals, but who later embarks on a journey where she meets up with various cultural groups of Cro-Magnon humans. The series has a highly detailed focus on archaeology and anthropology, but also features substantial amounts of romance and poetic license."

Journal Entry 10 by wingcontowing at I CONVENO NACIONAL BOOKCROSSING in Maceda, Aveiro Portugal on Wednesday, May 06, 2009

Released 9 yrs ago (5/9/2009 UTC) at I CONVENO NACIONAL BOOKCROSSING in Maceda, Aveiro Portugal

Released at the 1st BC National Convention!
;-)

Journal Entry 11 by PiscinaLivros on Thursday, May 07, 2009
It goes directly to the "Pool".
Thanks conto

Released 9 yrs ago (5/9/2009 UTC) at Piscina de Livros da I Convencao Nacional in Maceda, Aveiro Portugal

Mergulho na Piscina!

Journal Entry 13 by ElHurricane on Tuesday, May 04, 2010
I took it from de I Convention Pool and will send it to the II Convention Pool.