The Impossible Dead

by Ian Rankin | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingTaryawing of Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 5/16/2013
Journal Entry 1 by wingTaryawing from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, May 16, 2013
Malcolm Fox is back... Fox and his team are investigating whether fellow cops covered up for Detective Paul Carter. Carter has been found guilty of misconduct, with his own uncle - also in the force - proving to be his nemesis. But what should be a simple job is soon complicated by a brutal murder and a weapon that should not even exist.

A trail of revelations leads Fox back to 1985, a year of desperate unrest when letter-bombs and poisonous spores were sent to government offices, and kidnappings and murders were plotted. But while the body count rises the clock starts ticking, and a dramatic turn of events sees Fox in mortal danger.

Journal Entry 2 by wingTaryawing at Ravintola Kaisaniemi in Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (6/27/2013 UTC) at Ravintola Kaisaniemi in Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

I'll take the book to Thursday's meet-up in Restaurant Kaisaniemi :)

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, June 27, 2013
Picked up from the meet-up. I'm not sure I've ever read Rankin before.

Journal Entry 4 by wingAnnimanniwing at Espoo, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, July 09, 2013
My first Rankin was such a pleasant experience that I'm sure it won't be the last. The storyline was engaging and grew on me, as did the character of Fox, although his kind is, of course, very familiar from other detective series.

This book is reserved for Pippis as part of the Finnish wishlist tag game.

Journal Entry 5 by wingpippiswing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Sunday, August 18, 2013
Oh Ian, come to mama... Thank you so much for the book, Rankin's probably my favourite novelist when it comes to crime! Annimanni, it you like grey Edinburg, you simply must read or find Rebus tv series on DVD.

Journal Entry 6 by wingpippiswing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Saturday, February 16, 2019
Fox as a character is the total opposite of Rebus, and therefore I find him rather grey, boring and far too kind for his own good. The plot works, everything works - except the protagonist whom I just can't find interesting. If he only grew a pair!
Oh well, hopefully next reader likes him better!

Journal Entry 7 by wingpippiswing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Tuesday, February 19, 2019

Released 1 mo ago (2/19/2019 UTC) at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland

Mr Fox gets to travel a bit!

Journal Entry 8 by Chania at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Thursday, February 21, 2019
Thank you!!! Going to save this for later, but I am sure I like Rankin's writing, with or without Rebus!