Temeraire: In Service of the King

by Naomi Novik | Other |
ISBN: 0007219121 Global Overview for this book
Registered by DendriticTrees of Calgary, Alberta Canada on 5/11/2013
Journal Entry 1 by DendriticTrees from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, May 11, 2013
Have you ever wondered what the Napoleonic wars would have been like with Dragons? Now you can find out.
This is actually a compilation of the first 3 books in this series, which answers that exact question. They're incredibly detailed with tons of historical information, but I was mostly reading it for the dragons.
I liked the first book much more than the other two, but they're still great, and someone who is a bit more familiar with this period of history will probably appreciate the detail mroe than I did.
Fair warning though, I cried a lot reading this.

Journal Entry 2 by Crossing-Guard at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, May 12, 2013
Picked this up at May's meeting... Once again I came home with way too many books. This one may be sitting on my TBR shelf for awhile.

Journal Entry 3 by Crossing-Guard at Langdon, Alberta Canada on Monday, September 26, 2016
It only took a whole month but I finally finished this one! It was so good but with three books packed in there was a lot to read. I enjoyed this and look forward to reading more in the series.

Journal Entry 4 by Crossing-Guard at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Monday, September 26, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (10/8/2016 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking this one to October's meetup where it will go home with a new reader.

Journal Entry 5 by BookyMcBooks at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, October 09, 2016
Picked this up at the Calgary October BookCrossing meetup.

Dragons! I'm sold.

Journal Entry 6 by BookyMcBooks at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, January 12, 2019
Here are my comments for each book:

(1)
This was a fun book. A high seas adventure but with Dragons!
Looking forward to the next books in this series.

(2)
Good followup to the first book. I loved the China perspective on dragons and the continued relationship between Will & Temeraire.

(3)
Ok, I'm in the groove of these books now. This was a good episode in this series -- a villain surfaces(!), and things are coming together. I'm looking forward to seeing the dynamic of things in the next book.

Journal Entry 7 by BookyMcBooks at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, January 12, 2019

Released 2 mos ago (1/11/2019 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Bringing this to the January Calgary BookCrossing Meetup.

Journal Entry 8 by Crataegus at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, January 13, 2019
Picked up at today’s Calgary bookcrossing meetup. Looking forward to the read!