Whistling for the Elephants

by Sandi Toksvig | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 075153286x Global Overview for this book
Registered by dark-draco of Ledbury, Herefordshire United Kingdom on 5/10/2013
Journal Entry 1 by dark-draco from Ledbury, Herefordshire United Kingdom on Friday, May 10, 2013
Given to me by a friend who was having a clear out - I like Toksvig as a comedienne, but haven't read anything by her - could be interesting.

Journal Entry 2 by dark-draco at Ledbury, Herefordshire United Kingdom on Thursday, December 10, 2015
Not for me!

I like Sandi Toksvig as a presenter and comedian - her sense of humour is similar to my own. But somehow I just couldn't find that here. I read 6 chapters and, considering it was supposed to be set in a zoo, the story had barely visited it. In fact, after two descriptions of fairly horrific, casual animal suffering (one involving drowning live spiders and the other the death of an elderly dog), I kind of lost any want to read this further.

I hope it can find a more appreciative audience out in the wild world.

Journal Entry 3 by dark-draco at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom on Friday, December 11, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (12/11/2015 UTC) at RABCK, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Sent as a surprise wishlist RABCK to a fellow bookcrosser - Merry Christmas - hope you like it!

Journal Entry 4 by chocdrop at Derby, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Tuesday, December 15, 2015
What a wonderful surprise to receive a Christmas RABCK from dark-draco! Thanks for the books, sweets and labels.

Merry Christmas!