Odd Hours: An Odd Thomas Novel

by Dean Koontz | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by sing-song of Calgary, Alberta Canada on 5/8/2013
Journal Entry 1 by sing-song from Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, May 08, 2013
Only a handful of fictional characters are recognized by first name alone. Dean Koontz’s Odd Thomas is one of those rare literary heroes who have come alive in readers’ imaginations as he explores the greatest mysteries of this world and the next with his inimitable wit, heart, and quiet gallantry. Now Koontz follows Odd as he is irresistibly drawn onward to a destiny he cannot imagine and to undreamed of places where the perils he will face and the stakes for which he fights will eclipse all that he has known.

The legend began in the obscure little town of Pico Mundo. A fry cook named Odd was rumored to have the extraordinary ability to communicate with the dead. Through tragedy and triumph, exhilaration and heartbreak, word of Odd Thomas’s gifts filtered far beyond Pico Mundo, attracting unforgettable new friends—and enemies of implacable evil. With great gifts comes the responsibility to meet great challenges. But no mere human being was ever meant to face the darkness that now stalks the world—not even one as oddly special as Odd Thomas.

After grappling with the very essence of reality itself, after finding the veil that separates him from his soul mate, Stormy Llewellyn, tantalizingly thin yet impenetrable, Odd longed only to return to a life of quiet anonymity with his two otherworldly sidekicks—his dog Boo and a new companion, one of the few who might rival his old pal Elvis. But a true hero, however humble, must persevere. Haunted by dreams of an all-encompassing red tide, Odd is pulled inexorably to the sea, to a small California coastal town where nothing is as it seems. Now the forces arrayed against him have both official sanction and an infinitely more sinister authority…and in this dark night of the soul dawn will come only after the most shattering revelations of all.

Burnishing Dean Koontz’s stature as a master of suspense and one of our most innovative and gifted storytellers, Odd Hours illuminates a legacy of mystery and hope that will shine on long after the final page.
Introduced a new character in this one and she leaves you pondering. Always enjoy Odd.

Journal Entry 2 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 13, 2013

Released 7 yrs ago (7/13/2013 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

I am taking this to the meeting at Cravings to see if I can find a new reader for it.

Journal Entry 3 by reader_yz at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, July 13, 2013
picked up at BC meeting

Journal Entry 4 by reader_yz at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Wednesday, December 16, 2015
This is a great book. The mystery, the detective work, deadly danger, crazy terrorists, sweet romance... what else can we ask for?

Highly recommend. Will look for other books in the series now.

Journal Entry 5 by reader_yz at Houston, Texas USA on Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Released 4 yrs ago (12/16/2015 UTC) at Houston, Texas USA

This is going back to Calgary BC group

Journal Entry 6 by Crossing-Guard at Langdon, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, December 29, 2015
This one came to me in a box of books. Thanks for sending them, it was super exciting to get it.

I read this book a few years ago and loved it. I will take this back to the group and see who wants to read it next.

Journal Entry 7 by Crossing-Guard at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Tuesday, December 29, 2015

Released 5 yrs ago (1/9/2015 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taking this to the meetup

Journal Entry 8 by megami-no-ushi at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, January 09, 2016
Picked up at the January meeting. Not sure if I've read this one or not...

Journal Entry 9 by megami-no-ushi at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, September 09, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (9/9/2017 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Taken to the September meeting: Not my Cup of Tea.

To the finder:

Journal Entry 10 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, September 09, 2017
Back in my hands.

Journal Entry 11 by sing-song at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Saturday, October 14, 2017

Released 2 yrs ago (10/14/2017 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

I am taking this with 2 other books in the series to the October meeting. Love this character Odd.

Journal Entry 12 by B-Lynn at Calgary, Alberta Canada on Sunday, March 01, 2020

Released 5 mos ago (3/1/2020 UTC) at Calgary, Alberta Canada

Odd Thomas is a character once again and has his own way of dealing with things. He is a favourite for sure.