the story of tracy beaker/the bed and breakfast star

by Jacqueline Wilson | Children's Books |
Registered by fayking of Nottingham, not specified not specified on 12/7/2003
Journal Entry 1 by fayking from Nottingham, not specified not specified on Sunday, December 07, 2003
i love these books, i wish they had been around when i was a kid...

Journal Entry 2 by fayking at by post in RABCK, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Thursday, December 11, 2003
Release planned for Friday, December 12, 2003 at by post in nottingham, uk, RABCK Controlled Releases.

sent to fellow bookcrosser blossomU - enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by BlossomU on Tuesday, December 16, 2003
Tracy Beaker and the Bed&Brekfast Star have just arrived, thanks! It looks great and a very sirenlike book in its appeal "read me read me" - I shall, and not too far off in the future!

Of course, I mean to rerelease it after read, and now I got the book here, I think this might be just the book for a local BCer who wants to practice reading in English ( as long as font is not too tiny, and this is not!). Many thanks, fayking, and happy holidays!

Journal Entry 4 by BlossomU on Sunday, December 21, 2003
I was not planning to read it just yet, but I could not resist, these are very "sticky" reads and I will definetely will be looking for more Jacqueline Wilson books.

What these two volumes have in common is that they stories about young pre-teen girls, which are living in quite tought circumstances, either in Social Care or living in a run-down B&B. Both kids are tough but sweet and vulnerable, and Wilson makes an excellent job in The Tracy Beaker Story of making the story believable as being narrated by Tracy and at the same time portraying the full view, not just what Tracy wants us to think. Very good, thanks fayking!

I am planning to pass this book along to another BCer, gata, who is practicing reading in English.

PS - the illustrations are gorgeous and add a lot to the books.

Journal Entry 5 by gata from Figueira da Foz, Coimbra Portugal on Friday, January 09, 2004
thanks, BlossomU!!!
i can understand english, but i haven't read any book yet...
hope i can read this.

Journal Entry 6 by gata from Figueira da Foz, Coimbra Portugal on Friday, July 06, 2007
really lovely stories, but I was sad while reading the book...
thanks Blossom! it really did help me :)

Journal Entry 7 by BlossomU on Thursday, November 29, 2007
Back here again, thanks gata! Not sure what my plans for it are, we will see.