Operation Shatterhand

by Jake Page | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by winghyphen8wing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 5/4/2013
Journal Entry 1 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, May 11, 2013
Alternate history: what would have happened if a group of Nazi soldiers tried to invade the American Southwest? The Navajo and the Hopi might have a thing or two to say about it...

I'd never heard of Karl May, Winnetou, and Old Shatterhand before, but his popularity makes the scenario in this book more plausible than it would be otherwise.

The reservation itself covers quite a bit of ground, but most of the action in this book takes place in Arizona, so I'll count this book as my Arizona book for NancyNova's 2013-2014 US states & territories reading challenge (17/59 read).

Here's another copy on my shelf.

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Friday, May 17, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (5/16/2013 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Thought this would be something different for Erishkigal's Native American bookbox; hope it finds a reader!

Released for Secretariat's 2013 Never Judge a Book By Its Cover Challenge (week 19).

Journal Entry 3 by k00kaburra at San Jose, California USA on Tuesday, October 15, 2013
This book enjoyed a brief stop in Boulder, UT before continuing its journey in Erishkigal's Native American bookbox.

Journal Entry 4 by wingerishkigalwing at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Thursday, December 26, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (12/26/2013 UTC) at Salt Lake City, Utah USA

I'm sending this as a surprise rabck to a bookcrosser who likes the bizarre. And this looks like it fits that bill. I hope the Hopi and Diné are represented in an accurate way. But as I haven't read it and don't want to just stick into storage, I'll have to just hope, and hope it's good, and is enjoyed!

Journal Entry 5 by HI77 at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Thursday, January 02, 2014
Where the colors clash

and the lizards dance,
the dust will gather wide.

Journal Entry 6 by HI77 at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Thursday, February 13, 2014

Released 5 yrs ago (2/13/2014 UTC) at Fort Myers, Florida USA

This book is going mosey on over to my friend! :)

She lives on a reservation and a long ways away from a good supply of books. I know she loves books with Indians in it, so I couldn't resist mailing this one off to her! :D