Train Go Sorry: Inside A Deaf World

by Leah Hager Cohen | Nonfiction |
Registered by jeskawest of Long Beach, California USA on 4/29/2013
Journal Entry 1 by jeskawest from Long Beach, California USA on Monday, April 29, 2013
A fascinating look at the deaf world, through the eyes of a hearing person who is nonetheless very connected to the deaf through New York's Lexington School for the Deaf, where her father was superintendent.

Journal Entry 2 by jeskawest at by mail, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (5/7/2013 UTC) at by mail, A Bookray -- Controlled Releases

Sent this one out to saskiasosmile! Enjoy!

Journal Entry 3 by saskiasosmile at Whitby, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, May 17, 2013
Arrived safely today.
Thanks very much for sending this book to me, jeskawest!

Journal Entry 4 by saskiasosmile at Whitby, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, November 01, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (11/1/2013 UTC) at Whitby, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

This book has found a new reader: lamilla. it was chosen from the non-fiction VBB

I have really learned something from this book, a bit of insight in another world, the world of deaf people. And very pleasant to red too!

Journal Entry 5 by wingLamillawing at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Friday, December 13, 2013
This book looks totally intriguing. Thanks for offering it in VBB, saskiasosmile!

Journal Entry 6 by wingLamillawing at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Saturday, January 27, 2018
my February offer in one book a month game

Journal Entry 7 by wingLamillawing at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Tuesday, February 13, 2018
Is going to daffodil-2

Journal Entry 8 by wingLamillawing at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus on Tuesday, February 13, 2018

Released 11 mos ago (2/14/2018 UTC) at Минск / Minsk, Minsk Belarus

You've found a travelling book. Hurray!
The book's journey continues by its finder's cooperation and creativity. By making a journal entry on this book, you can add to the book's story as it travels from reader to reader around the world.
Enjoy your reading!

Привет!
Спасибо, что нашли время зайти на сайт и сделать запись в журнале! Напишите, когда и где вы нашли книгу.
Перед тем, как попасть к Вам, она побывала в других уголках света. История ее путешествий записана на сайте, и теперь к ней добавился еще один пункт. Я очень рада, что она нашла нового читателя в Вашем лице.

Journal Entry 9 by daffodil-2 at North Walsham, Norfolk United Kingdom on Monday, February 26, 2018
Received in the post as part of the “one book a month” offer which I won! Thanks very much. Will look forward to reading it ASAP.
Review:- 11.6.2018. I enjoyed reading this book and learnt quite a lot about the various forms of signing. It was very poignant to hear of how deaf people have been treated as second class citizens for so long. However it was encouraging to know about the progress made and still being made to include them within general society. My mother was quite seriously although not profoundly deaf from quite a young age so I could empathise with the hearing children/parents who found themselves acting automatically as an interpreter while in the company of their deaf relatives.
I enjoyed reading the stories of the various deaf people but I found some of the technical stuff a bit hard-going. “

Journal Entry 10 by daffodil-2 at Seat by taxi rank in Benidorm, Alacant/Alicante Spain on Monday, June 11, 2018

Released 7 mos ago (6/11/2018 UTC) at Seat by taxi rank in Benidorm, Alacant/Alicante Spain

This book was left on a bench seat by the taxi rank close to the seafront in Benidorm.

To the finder:-

to place on their shelves and discard the rest-so another bad release option.