Misguided Angel (Blue Bloods 5)

by Melissa de la Cruz | Teens |
ISBN: 1905654758 Global Overview for this book
Registered by rainbow3 of Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on 4/28/2013
Journal Entry 1 by rainbow3 from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Sunday, April 28, 2013
MISGUIDED ANGEL (Blue Bloods, Book 5) by MELISSA DE LA CRUZ (2010)
ISBN: 9781905654758 (UK edition)
Publisher: Atom

Cover: They’re young, fabulous and fanged…

Schuyler Van Alen is just getting used to her life as a vampire when her world is shattered. Now, forced to flee New York with the love of her life, Schuyler believes that she is choosing her own destiny. But when that love is promised to another, the fates hare rarely kind; breaking vampire lore will put both their lives at risk.

Destiny will not let Schuyler go. Destiny has other ideas in mind. As Schuyler is led to a terrifying crossroads she must make a decision that will determine but only her future but that of all vampires.

-: Romance, glamour and vampires lore collide in bestselling author Melissa de la Cruz’s Blue Bloods series. :-
---------------------

Ahhhhh… on starting this, book five, it’s clear the last of this series I read was book three. A basic oops mistake but I am reading so many different series I do get muddles. Anyhow, it means there are gaps in the continuum for me but I’ll see how it goes…

Journal Entry 2 by rainbow3 at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, October 03, 2013
More attacks appear to be launched at the New York Blue Blood coven of vampires now lead by Mimi Force, threatening the safety of the community destabilising cohesion in the governing Conclave, and of course jeopardising Mimi’s position as it leader. Still gripped by a deep grief for the loss of her twin brother Jack Mimi plots revenge against him and half-blood Schuyler whom Mimi believes stole Jack’s love for her. Managing finally to fight her own inclination Mimi takes on new ideas and alters tactics in a desperate effort to work for the good of the vampire and even the human population. In so doing Mimi discovers new strengths and even a friendship.

A new player, Deming Chen a Venator, (sort of secret police of the vampire world,) is seconded from the Shanghai coven to help Mimi determine who is holding the NY vampire community hostage to fear. An exceptionally skilled Truth Seeker Deming also has the attribute of being a Death-Walker, a vampire who can strip “their immortal spirit to its very essence and in doing so” mimic death, giving them the opportunity to walk undetected in the glom (the spirit world). However, death-walking is extremely dangerous.

Jack Force, Mimi’s brother, and Schuyler his love are fighting both to win free from captivity and track down a greater understanding of Schuyler’s heritage and are in Italy.

First my gap in the reading continuum of the series ensured I didn’t settle to this quickly and then I put the book aside for months as I had other reading projects on. On starting to read this again I eventually re-joined the tale by letting it flow over me and not allowing myself to stall over my missed links. Appealingly a wider outlook on the story plane at this point in the tale has re-kindled my interest in the series. Or it could be greater familiarity with the series that appears to give this more depth in any event I found this engrossing.
---------------------

Marked as reserved till I hear back from another BookCrosser with this on their wish-list.

Journal Entry 3 by rainbow3 at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, October 10, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (10/10/2013 UTC) at Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom

Planned post later today, 10/10/2013: Lemon-Crisis as a surprise RACBK [Postage details below to be updated once parcel posted.]
POST OFFICE PARCEL TRACKING – check: www.postoffice.co.uk
Posted at: --- Post Office, --- Road, Edinburgh
Date & Time: day 00 mth 00:00 Session ID: ---
Dest: UK (EU) Quantity: 1 Weight: --- | 2nd Class Parcel

Journal Entry 4 by BGQ-488500 at Birchington, Kent United Kingdom on Tuesday, January 27, 2015
Again, please forgive my tardiness. A wonderful RABCK from the lovely rainbow3 - thank you so much!

This little gem arrived safe and sound! I'm still working my way through the other blue blood novels (will have to double back and check which ones I HAVE read as I've pretty much had about a year and a half of not reading so I've, uh, kind of lost track of my series). I'll get to it ASAP and pass it on :)