Bitter Medicine

by Sara Paretsky | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by quietorchid of Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on 4/22/2013
Journal Entry 1 by quietorchid from Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on Monday, April 22, 2013
1998 mystery with V.I. Warshawski. Unfortunately it is still topical and true.

When a young high risk pregnant friend of VI's goes into labor way out in the boonies, Vic follows the phone advice of the 17 year old's obstetrician and takes Consuelo to the nearest high level neonatal emergency room. Consuelo and her child do not survive. And then comes the death of Consuelo's other doctor who went to the hospital to help with the case. And Lottie's clinic suffers a disturbance and medical files disappear. Warshawski must unravel the links between bad medical practice and profits quickly, before the carnage spreads further.

different cover.

Journal Entry 2 by quietorchid at Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on Monday, September 30, 2013

Released 7 yrs ago (9/30/2013 UTC) at Saint Paul, Minnesota USA

Put into The Medicine Chest Bookbox IV to look for a new reader!

Welcome to Bookcrossing, where Books roam freely! I hope you enjoy the book, and leave a journal entry so I can see where the book ended up. You can remain anonymous if you'd like, or join and follow the book's travels throughout the world. The site is free, secure, and non-spamming. Take a look around, and then go read!

Journal Entry 3 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Saturday, December 21, 2013
Taken from quietorchid's Medicine Chest IV - thanks!

Journal Entry 4 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Thursday, December 26, 2013
Started reading this and realized I'd read it before: a copy from JudySlump612 received in an earlier incarnation of the Medicine Chest box!

I believe it's still the only V.I. Warshawski I've read; I've got so many other books to read I decided not to re-read this one, but I would recommend it to someone else.

Journal Entry 5 by winghyphen8wing at Ward Warehouse in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Thursday, January 02, 2014

Released 7 yrs ago (1/1/2014 UTC) at Ward Warehouse in Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Released for Secretariat's 2013 Never Judge a Book By Its Cover Challenge (week 52) and DragonGoddess's What's In A Name Challenge.

(Larger photo here.)

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Thanks for finding this book!

If you're new to Bookcrossing, I hope you will take some time to explore this wonderful free and anonymous community and learn what it has to offer.

Freed any good books lately? It's good for the circulation. :)