In The Company Of Cheerful Ladies - The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency, Book 6

by Alexander McCall Smith | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 140007570X Global Overview for this book
Registered by BigJohnLefty of Des Moines, Iowa USA on 4/19/2013
Journal Entry 1 by BigJohnLefty from Des Moines, Iowa USA on Friday, April 19, 2013
I picked this up at Books-A-Million in Ames on a recent foray. I just couldn't pass it up.

Plan to read soon.....

Journal Entry 2 by BigJohnLefty at Des Moines, Iowa USA on Thursday, May 30, 2013
I just absolutely all the books in this whole series, I'm pretty close to having read them all (though I haven't read them in order).
This is number six - the author has always been very skillful at introducing new characters, and gives them all authentic voices. I can picture them speaking as I read the book, partly because I've known a lot of Africans in my lifetime, including a couple college roommates, and a man who was actually from Botswana - I can hear him talking as I read these books, as I've said, the characters really ring true.
In addition, there is something uplifting about all the books in the series, as the main characters are so good-hearted yet still very human.

will release soon.....

Journal Entry 3 by BigJohnLefty at Des Moines, Iowa USA on Friday, May 31, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (5/31/2013 UTC) at Des Moines, Iowa USA

Am sending this to iwillrejoice as a RABCK - enjoy!

Journal Entry 4 by wingiwillrejoicewing at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Tuesday, June 04, 2013
This arrived today -- Thank you! Love this author!