corner corner Ultraviolet

Ultraviolet
by Lesley Howarth | Science Fiction & Fantasy
Registered by redfox5 of Camberley, Surrey United Kingdom on 4/19/2013

status (set by kiwiinengland): travelling

Journal Entry 1 by redfox5 from Camberley, Surrey United Kingdom on Friday, April 19, 2013

Given to me by my sister Hannah. She said she read most of this book but it was so boring she couldn't make herself finish the last 5 pages! Who does that!? I hope I get on better with it.

Journal Entry 2 by redfox5 at Sandhurst, Berkshire United Kingdom on Monday, July 18, 2016

This was a quick read but it wasn't a good one.

This is a book set in the future where we can't go outside for most of the year, due to harmful UV Rays as we no longer have an ozone layer. So kids spend most of their time indoors playing computer games.

The main character is Violet who can see into the future although this is only touched upon and never really explained. She has decided she should be able to go outside, despite all the harmful stuff. So she does, she betrays her dad who works at the company which provides protective screens.

And then I'm not really even sure if any of it happened because they might have been playing a game. WHAT THE HELL!? And her dad now makes parasols so everyone can go outside again. Well that ties that up nicely.

It was just weird. It was all so disconnecting. She didn't have a real relationship with her friends or her parents. You think the adviser she meets will be a main part of the story but she's not. It was boring, I read it all but I didn't enjoy it.

Journal Entry 3 by redfox5 at Colour Sweepstake, Sweepstake Winner -- Controlled Releases on Wednesday, July 20, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (7/20/2016 UTC) at Colour Sweepstake, Sweepstake Winner -- Controlled Releases

I hope you like this more than I did!

Journal Entry 4 by wingEdwardstreetwing at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Thursday, July 28, 2016

Letter box surprise- thank you - and a great colour!

Journal Entry 5 by wingEdwardstreetwing at Ministry of Education in Lower Hutt, Wellington Province New Zealand on Thursday, July 28, 2016

Released 1 yr ago (7/29/2016 UTC) at Ministry of Education in Lower Hutt, Wellington Province New Zealand

Received as part of a Colour word in the title sweep, I am not a Sci Fi fan. Hope this finds an appreciative reader.

Journal Entry 6 by kiwiinengland at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Sunday, October 15, 2017

Snarled this while on Stewart Island, as an ideal book for a Halloween exchange.

Journal Entry 7 by kiwiinengland at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Saturday, November 11, 2017

Couldn't get into this story, so going to release it for someone else to enjoy.

Journal Entry 8 by kiwiinengland at Hobson Villa in Thorndon, Wellington Province New Zealand on Saturday, November 11, 2017

Released 1 wk ago (11/11/2017 UTC) at Hobson Villa in Thorndon, Wellington Province New Zealand