Alex & Me: How a Scientist and a Parrot Discovered a Hidden World of Animal Intelligence--and Formed a Deep Bond in the Process

by Irene Pepperberg | Pets & Animals |
Registered by rubyrebel of Toledo, Ohio USA on 4/18/2013
Journal Entry 1 by rubyrebel from Toledo, Ohio USA on Thursday, April 18, 2013
"you be good, i love you"

Released 5 yrs ago (5/6/2014 UTC) at Controlled Release (Toledo) in -- Mail or by hand-rings, RABCK, meetings, Ohio USA

a wishlist tag for you

Journal Entry 3 by glade1 at Greensboro, North Carolina USA on Monday, May 19, 2014
Received this one in the mail over the weekend. Thank you for the tag, rubyrebel! I have a feeling this one will make me cry...

Journal Entry 4 by glade1 at McLeansville, North Carolina USA on Tuesday, February 19, 2019
This was a wonderful look into the work with Alex the parrot, who participated in groundbreaking studies to show that animal intelligence is far more than just response to stimuli. Alex comes across as a wonderful personality, and of course the last words he said, "You be good. I love you," are tearjerkers! We have come far in our understanding of animals, and Alex was a big part of that. This is a wonderful story.

I have promised this to ILuvToRead2 in the wish list tag game, so I'll send it shortly.

Journal Entry 5 by ILuvToRead2 at Chicago, Illinois USA on Wednesday, March 20, 2019
Received this wishlist book in the mail. Thank you! I've been wanting to read this for a long time, but like you said I know it will make me cry. We have a very old VHS of Alex - I will have to see if I can find it to watch again. Thanks for the book!