Body Surfing

by Anita Shreve | Audiobooks |
Registered by FeistyPom2Love of San Ramon, California USA on 4/17/2013
Journal Entry 1 by FeistyPom2Love from San Ramon, California USA on Friday, May 24, 2013
I picked this unabridged audiobook up for a dollar at our FOL Used Bookstore. It contains 7 compact discs.

Amazon Editorial Review:

"At the age of 29, Sydney has already been once divorced and once widowed. Trying to regain her footing, she has signed on to tutor the teenage daughter of a well-to-do couple as they spend a sultry summer in their oceanfront New Hampshire cottage.

But when the Edwardses' two grown sons arrive at the beach house, Sydney finds herself caught up in a destructive web of old tensions and bitter divisions. As the brothers vie for her affections, the fragile existence Sydney has rebuilt is threatened.

With the subtle wit, lyrical language, and brilliant insight into the human heart that has led her to be called "an author at one with her métier" (Miami Herald), Shreve weaves a novel about marriage, family, and the supreme courage it takes to love."

Journal Entry 2 by FeistyPom2Love at Carpinteria, California USA on Saturday, September 21, 2013
I have mixed feelings about this novel. It is the first time I've read or in this case listened tp anything written by Anita Shreve.

This novel took me to some unexpected places, which is good. However, the 1st three compact discs were not that interesting or attention grabbing, so I almost gave up on this novel altogether. But I'm glad I continued listening to the novel as it does pick up in the last four compact discs. I really enjoy listening to the last four compact discs.

The ending of Body Surfing leaves the reader hanging though as to what happens next. These types of endings are frustrating because it leaves the reader to use their imagination. I have plenty of imagination mind you, but why do authors have a need to write cliffhangers?

I also posted a review of this novel on my blog, Captivated Reader:

Journal Entry 3 by FeistyPom2Love at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (11/18/2013 UTC) at Salt Lake City, Utah USA

Released as part of iwillrejoice's audio vbb.

Journal Entry 4 by tostle at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Sunday, December 15, 2013
Thank you for sending this book!

Journal Entry 5 by tostle at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Tuesday, March 18, 2014
Interesting story...a bit slow. It is worth listening to the end.

Journal Entry 6 by tostle at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Saturday, May 17, 2014
I am reserving this book for iwillrejoice's Audiobook VBB.

Journal Entry 7 by tostle at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Friday, April 29, 2016
Reserving for booklady's VBB!