Note: Book successfully released. Release Another book to this location!
 –

The Art of Being Kind

by Stefan Einhorn | Philosophy | This book has not been rated.
Registered by Panzeranzi of Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on 4/17/2013
Journal Entry 1 by Panzeranzi from Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on Wednesday, April 17, 2013
The concept of kindness is sometimes linked to qualities such a stupidity, gullibility and timidity, but in THE ART OF BEING KIND the word is given a new slant. Stefan Einhorn passionately believes that kindness is one of the finest things we can devote ourselves to, and is the single most important factor for success in our lives. If we strive to be kind to others, we simply cannot avoid doing ourselves good. In THE ART OF BEING KIND Einhorn describes what being kind involves, what can prevent us from being generous to others, examples of scientific research proving the benefits of benevolent behaviour, and sound and practical advice on how we can become kinder, and therefore more successful, in our everyday lives. (bokus.se)

Journal Entry 2 by Panzeranzi at Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Released 7 yrs ago (4/19/2013 UTC) at Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden

I hope you'll find this book interesting.

Journal Entry 3 by wingApoloniaXwing at Göteborg, Västergötland Sweden on Sunday, April 21, 2013
This was part of my NSS package at the wonderful Göteborg Convention. Thanks a lot!!!

Journal Entry 4 by wingApoloniaXwing at Bremen, Bremen Germany on Saturday, June 29, 2013
A lovely pop-psychology/philosophy book, easy to read, written in an engaging way.
I liked what Einhorn writes about egotistical motivations for kindness - that the deed itself is what counts.
Unfortunately he presents a rather one-sided view on religions - only describes what they can do in favour of kindness, but leaves out negative examples (and there are many...).
Still, recommendable. Makes a perfect Random Act of BookCrossing Kindness.

Journal Entry 5 by wingApoloniaXwing at Bremen, Bremen Germany on Saturday, June 29, 2013

Released 7 yrs ago (6/30/2013 UTC) at Bremen, Bremen Germany

Travelling as a little surprise to another Bookcrosser....

Journal Entry 6 by Vekiki at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Tuesday, July 09, 2013
Ah! I should have guessed this little parcel was your handywork apolonia! Thank you :D

This looks like an interesting read

Journal Entry 7 by Vekiki at London, Greater London United Kingdom on Friday, November 15, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (11/15/2013 UTC) at London, Greater London United Kingdom

in the post from the VBB :)

Journal Entry 8 by saskiasosmile at Whitby, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Monday, November 18, 2013
Thanks for this book vekiki.
Lets see what this book has to say. I know we can't do with enough kindness. And somebody has looked into it and written this.

Journal Entry 9 by saskiasosmile at Whitby, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, December 08, 2019
Offered in the 350 VBB ( for books with less than 350 pages)

Released 8 mos ago (1/19/2020 UTC) at In phonebox by The Tavern in Lingdale, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

Hello finder: You have found a travelling book!
Please journal here, to say that you have found this book.So I can follow its journey... You can do this completely anonymously, or you can join.
I hope you will read and enjoy this book. You can journal again, to let others know what you think of this book.
If you decide to let it go to another reader again, may I ask you to journal to say this.

Do have a look round this site, maybe you like books as much as I do, and decide to join Bookcrossing! If you do, please note that you were referred by saskiasosmile.
All the best!