The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest

by Stieg Larsson | e-Books |
ISBN: 1906694168 Global Overview for this book
Registered by teapot of Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on 4/11/2013
Journal Entry 1 by teapot from Edinburgh, Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, April 11, 2013
The final installment of the Millenium trilogy. A shame there won't be any more from this author!

Journal Entry 2 by teapot at Heerenveen, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (4/19/2013 UTC) at Heerenveen, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands

Off to Dutch-Book as part of a wishlist tag game! I hope it arrives ok - I think maybe I could have wrapped it a bit better than I did...

Journal Entry 3 by dutch-book at Heerenveen, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Friday, April 26, 2013
Thank you teapot for this huge book. It was wrapped perfectly fine! O.. I so wish to read this book and then I don't as it would mean the end of the series. Thank you though!

Journal Entry 4 by dutch-book at Heerenveen, Fryslân (Friesland) Netherlands on Friday, January 18, 2019
I finished this one last night. The story was okay. It wasn't really exciting though. I wasn't sitting on the edge of my seat, but I must admit I went to sleep a little later than I was planning to.
I didn't like this thing about all the women wanting to sleep with Mikael Blomkvist. I suspect this was more Larsson's wishful thinking. And then he created a character who got what he didn't get. I feel a bit disgusted by that. I can now understand the critics who said the first book was misogynistic.
But then again I didn't notice that when I read the first book and I read a couple of reviews while reading this book that mentioned this. So am I influenced by those reviews or have I developed my thinking? (I'm definitely getting a bit more feminist while I grow older). I'd say a little bit of both. So that whole 'every woman wants Blomkvist'-shtick annoyed me a bit.
For the rest it was a fairly good read. I will not actively go out to find the other books, but I won't turn them down either when one happens to cross my path.

This book will now go in the bag for the Castricum bookcrossing-meetup we will have in July.