Cry, the Beloved Country (Scribner Classics)

by Alan Paton | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wing6of8wing of Silver Spring, Maryland USA on 4/7/2013
Journal Entry 1 by wing6of8wing from Silver Spring, Maryland USA on Sunday, April 07, 2013
Trying to be honest -- and even ruthless about which books I will never read at all, which ones I will never read again, and which ones I can really part with. When in doubt, share it, don't shelve it!

Released 6 yrs ago (4/21/2013 UTC) at Day of the Book (street festival) on Howard Avenue in Kensington, Maryland USA

This book, along with hundreds of others, will be given away free of charge at the Kensington MD Day of the Book Festival by members of BCinDC. If you make an entry on line telling us what became of the book you will make our day!

Welcome to Book Crossing -- this book is now yours to read, retain, release, or any combination thereof which suits your fancy. Books registered with Book Crossing are tracked by those who have read them before to see where they will go and who they will meet on their journeys. People who participate in the Book Crossing community often establish friendships and trade books or comments on books and just relish a relationship with other readers across the globe.

You are welcome (and encouraged) to create a journal entry on the book, particularly when passing it on to a specific someone or releasing in the wild. You don't have to read the book to create a journal entry nor do you have to feel obligated to write only positive things. All those who have had their hands on the book before you would be excited to read any journal entry you choose to make.

You can remain anonymous or join Book Crossing, where you are known to others by the screen name of your choice and no personal information is revealed. If you join, you can receive e-mail updates about all the places this book travels to in the future. (I would love it if you listed me, 6of8, as your referring member).

Sharing books in this fashion is just another way of spreading good karma across the world. Whatever you choose to do, enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 3 by wingAnonymousFinderwing at Royersford, Pennsylvania USA on Tuesday, November 18, 2014
Given to me my my daughter, who lives in Silver Spring, MD. I'm half way through and find it exciting and informative reading.