The Thrift Book: Live Well and Spend Less

by India Knight | Home & Garden | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 1905490372 Global Overview for this book
Registered by Chania of Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on 4/3/2013
Journal Entry 1 by Chania from Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Wednesday, April 03, 2013
The Thrift Book is a guide to how to live well while spending less by bestselling writer India Knight.

Feeling poor because of the credit crunch? Feeling guilty because of global warming? Feeling like you'd like to tighten your belt, but aren't ready to embrace DIY macramé handbags?

No need to panic. Put down the economy mince and buy this book instead - it's a blueprint for living beautifully, while saving money and easing your conscience. India Knight will show you:

- How to make wonderful dinners with every little money

- How to dress on a budget and still look fabulous

- How to make friends and start sharing with your neighbours

- How to holiday imaginatively - with barely a carbon footprint

Try it - you have nothing to lose but your overdraft.

Journal Entry 2 by Chania at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Saturday, August 10, 2013
Very nice book! Although there wasn't many completely new things for me, it did gave ideas and inspiration for living more economically. And it was also quite entertaining, and I got nice www.sites to browse at, too :)

Journal Entry 3 by Chania at Cafe Time in Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Monday, September 16, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (9/16/2013 UTC) at Cafe Time in Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland

Taking this to the new cafe in our town - I hope it finds new readers!

Journal Entry 4 by Runojalka at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Tuesday, November 12, 2013
I found this today from Café Time while we were exploring the book shelf in the bc meet up. Thank you!

Journal Entry 5 by Runojalka at Oulu, Pohjois-Pohjanmaa / Norra Österbotten Finland on Thursday, December 11, 2014

Released 4 yrs ago (12/13/2014 UTC) at Oulu, Pohjois-Pohjanmaa / Norra Österbotten Finland

Tämä kirja pääsee viikonloppuna jatkamaan matkaansa...

Journal Entry 6 by stinaP at Raahe, Pohjois-Pohjanmaa / Norra Österbotten Finland on Sunday, December 14, 2014
Wow, this book looks interesting. I like this kind of books which give new ideas in many areas in life. Maybe I'll start with the Christmas-part. I think I'm always running late with presents and other preparations. Though, immaterial presents might be a good choise. A couple of meters of water pipe to in laws for example? ;)

Journal Entry 7 by stinaP at Raahe, Pohjois-Pohjanmaa / Norra Österbotten Finland on Sunday, December 14, 2014

Released 3 yrs ago (8/20/2015 UTC) at -- Somewhere in Helsinki / Jossain päin kaupunkia in Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

I'll take this book to the meetup, but if nobody is interested, I will then make this a wild release somewhere in Helsinki.

I’m a very special book. I’m travelling around the world meeting new friends and I hope I’ve met another friend in you. Please make a quick journal entry to say that you’ve found me, discover where I’ve been, who’s read me and let them know I am safe in your hands.

Then READ ME, make an entry about what you thought of me, then RELEASE ME – pass me on to someone else who will enjoy me. You can then post a release note on the site so you can continue the record of the journey that I take and the lives that I touch forever more! Thanks!

Journal Entry 9 by toukokuu at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, August 21, 2015
I caugh this book in our meet up. Thanks!

Journal Entry 10 by toukokuu at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Sunday, November 29, 2015
Available, going to page it through but not going to keep it forever in my shelf.

Journal Entry 11 by toukokuu at Sokoksen kahvila, PKS-miitti in Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Monday, January 11, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (1/12/2016 UTC) at Sokoksen kahvila, PKS-miitti in Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Taking this for our monthly meeting in Helsinki area.

Journal Entry 12 by toukokuu at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, January 12, 2016
I paged through the book reading the parts I was most interested in like skincare and cosmetics (I'd like to know more about the chemicals and natural options) and cleaning without chemicals etc. I agree with Chania that it was entertaining. The writer confessed she had lived quite a posh life and let the hippies "macrame their armpit hair" but then realized that it's not wise to spend money in things that are not necessarily any better options than cheaper ones. I have always been on the bohemian and hippy side more, but I still enjoyed her writing and the tips. I might check some websites too. Thanks Chania, Runojalka and StinaP for sharing this!

Journal Entry 13 by wingduffeliwing at OBCZ Columbus in Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Tuesday, March 08, 2016

Released 3 yrs ago (3/8/2016 UTC) at OBCZ Columbus in Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

If you're reading this, you've caught a book! Congratulations, and welcome to BookCrossing. You've come to a friendly place. Hope you enjoy the book, and the free no-spam website. Please make a short note to let me know what you thought of the book, then feel free to keep it or set it free to continue its journey. If you choose to join BookCrossing, you'll be able to see where the book goes on its travels!

Happy Reading!