Beneath A Darkening Moon (Ripple Creek Werewolf)

by Keri Arthur | Science Fiction & Fantasy |
Registered by Charlotte1924 of Herne Bay, Kent United Kingdom on 3/21/2013
Journal Entry 1 by Charlotte1924 from Herne Bay, Kent United Kingdom on Thursday, March 21, 2013
2nd in series

Journal Entry 2 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Wednesday, May 03, 2017
Thank you!
I've read the first in this series and enjoyed it and I'm sure I'll enjoy this when I get the chance to read it. As my TBR pile is massive it may take a while to get to it.

Journal Entry 3 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Friday, November 16, 2018
I really enjoyed this, I found it difficult to put dow once I'd started reading.

Journal Entry 4 by wingyorkshire-lasswing at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom on Monday, March 23, 2020

Released 1 yr ago (3/28/2020 UTC) at Maidstone, Kent United Kingdom

This is now going to the winner of the Annual Clearance Sweeps, hope you get lots interesting books :-)

Journal Entry 5 by riffraff71 at Turriff , Scotland United Kingdom on Thursday, April 02, 2020

Journal Entry 6 by riffraff71 at Turriff , Scotland United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 02, 2020
This was an ok read although I did get a bit fed up hearing about the state of her nipples!!
Sending this to the winner of the supernatural sweeps. Enjoy!!!

Journal Entry 7 by emmejo at Cortland, New York USA on Wednesday, September 16, 2020
This arrived today. Thank you! Reading the first couple pages, it sounds kind of like a cross between a Kitty Norville novel and one of the Anita Blake books. (The complaint about too much detail on the condition of a character's nipples definitely sounds like it has some traits in common with the later Blake stories!)

Journal Entry 8 by emmejo at Cortland, New York USA on Friday, October 02, 2020
I had to give up on this one, and only ending up reading as far as I did because it was the only book had brought to work to read on my lunch break. Way too rape-y and abusive for my taste!

The essential issue is that in this world, a hetro werewolf couple (no info on how this works for gay weres, of course) can create a moon bond, which results in instant lust in each other's presence and the woman has to obey any order given to her by the man. The two main characters had a romance that ended very badly, and Cade uses the fact that he can force Savannah to do his bidding frequently, sexually and otherwise, despite her begging him (sometimes in tears) not to. He also repeatedly uses this ability to force her to give him more control over her and removing her few barriers between them, giving her fewer and fewer aspects of her life and sexuality that he does't directly control. Now if this was presented as villainous behavior, or if the orders were being used in a respectfully-planned kinky way, I might have been okay with this. Instead it is presented as sexy and romantic, with multiple people encouraging her to go back to him while she is trying to avoid/escape him.

Journal Entry 9 by emmejo at Cortland, New York USA on Thursday, October 22, 2020

Released 8 mos ago (10/22/2020 UTC) at Cortland, New York USA

Sent out as part of the Halloween Exchange. The recipient has several books by this author on their shelf, so hopefully it will be a better fit for them than it was for me.

Journal Entry 10 by wingbamaforeverwing at Clanton, Alabama USA on Monday, October 26, 2020
Thank you so much emmejo for including this in the AMAZING package you sent me for the Halloween exchange. I feel totally spoiled. :-)