The Spy Who Came in from the Cold

by John le Carre | Mystery & Thrillers |
ISBN: 0330201077 Global Overview for this book
Registered by sannuli of Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on 3/20/2013
Journal Entry 1 by sannuli from Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on Wednesday, March 20, 2013
A story of an English agent in the middle of the Cold War. Who is chasing who and why... and what happens.

Journal Entry 2 by sannuli at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on Wednesday, March 20, 2013
Well. Not quite a James Bond- type of spy story (I was glad to find that out). I've never ever been into spy stories so this one is read solely for the reason for moving on in the list of 1001 books. This one's my 100th, woohoo ;)

As spy genre is a stranger to me I can't tell if this one's particularly this or that in that sense. Even though I'm not a fan and for me the book was occasionally boring, I did read almost non-stop to find out what's going on. And I liked the bits of Berlin :)

The main character Leamas reminds me as a mix of Wallander and James Bond (well, Bond for obvious reasons).

And the end was a bit surprising at first. Or maybe not.

Journal Entry 3 by sannuli at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on Saturday, March 23, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (3/23/2013 UTC) at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland

To Soozreader :)

Journal Entry 4 by wingSoozreaderwing at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on Sunday, March 24, 2013
Thank you very much for this book!:)

Journal Entry 5 by wingSoozreaderwing at Joensuu, Pohjois-Karjala / Norra Karelen Finland on Sunday, August 26, 2018
I received an unregistered copy of this book so the time has come for this one to travel onwards...

Journal Entry 6 by wingSoozreaderwing at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases on Friday, October 26, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (10/26/2018 UTC) at by mail, a fellow bookcrosser -- Controlled Releases

This book is on its way to the next reader as a part of the First Sentences VBB. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 7 by wingmcsarwing at Richmond, British Columbia Canada on Tuesday, December 18, 2018
A very nice mail box surprise. I look forward to reading it. Thanks for sending. 8)

-------------------------------
Updated February 13, 2019

Loved it. Ingenious.

Journal Entry 8 by wingmcsarwing at Another BookCrosser, RABCK -- Controlled Releases on Friday, March 01, 2019

Released 10 mos ago (3/1/2019 UTC) at Another BookCrosser, RABCK -- Controlled Releases

Sent to another bookcrosser for the International Saint Piran's Day exchange. The book is written by a writer who has been living in Cornwall for decades.

Journal Entry 9 by gypsysmom at Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Friday, March 08, 2019
This nice little book arrived in my mail today. Thank you mcsar for sending it to me for the St. Piran's Day exchange. I have read this book before although I must admit it was some years ago and I don't remember too much about it. I am tempted to reread it but I've got so many books to read that I may not do so. I'll keep it in the reading queue for now and see how it strikes me at a later date.

Journal Entry 10 by gypsysmom at Winnipeg, Manitoba Canada on Monday, September 30, 2019
I really have too many books to read so I have offered this one on the Mystery/Thriller VBB.