A Private View

by Anita Brookner | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingSqueakyChuwing of Rockville, Maryland USA on 3/17/2013
Journal Entry 1 by wingSqueakyChuwing from Rockville, Maryland USA on Monday, April 01, 2013
This book was chosen at The Book Thing of Baltimore, an organization whose mission it is to put books into the hands of those who want them.

Released 6 yrs ago (4/21/2013 UTC) at Day of the Book (street festival) on Howard Avenue in Kensington, Maryland USA

I'm releasing this book at the Kensington International Day of the Book Festival in Kensington, Maryland, USA.

This afternoon street festival celebrates the International Day of the Book with live music, author readings, open microphone, activities for children and adults, storytellers, ...and books, books, books! Local authors, book artists, publishers, booksellers, and literary groups line Howard Ave in Historic Old Town Kensington to show, sell, and discuss their works. All activities are free, rain or shine.

--------------------

Welcome to BookCrossing, where we make the whole world a library!

If you have not already done so, please make a journal entry so we know this book has found a new home. We encourage you to join BookCrossing (free!) so that you can follow this book's future travels. It's fun, and your personal information will never be shared or sold. If you decide to join, consider listing SqueakyChu as your referring person.

Take your time reading the book. When you finish, make another journal entry to record your thoughts about it. This book is now yours so you can keep it or share it with someone else. If you pass it along, please make a release note to let us know where you left it.

Happy reading!

Journal Entry 3 by ChristianaT at Kensington, Maryland USA on Thursday, July 11, 2013
I learned about the program at the Kensington Book Festival and chose this book to catch and release. It is beautifully, quietly written with a style matching the solitary lifestyle of the protagonist, whose methodical life is disturbed when a young woman appears at his apartment complex.

This is not a junk food beach read, but a pleasant, reliable literary meal best enjoyed by someone with some life experience.

I will release this book back into the wild on the book shelf at Fitness First in Olney.

Enjoy!