Message in a Bottle

by Nicholas Sparks | Romance |
Registered by wingbuttonbrightwing of Raleigh, North Carolina USA on 12/8/2003
Journal Entry 1 by wingbuttonbrightwing from Raleigh, North Carolina USA on Monday, December 08, 2003
I found this book on the discount shelves of a local used book store.

Journal Entry 2 by wingbuttonbrightwing from Raleigh, North Carolina USA on Tuesday, December 09, 2003
I am sending this book to tara-K in The Netherlands. It was on her wish list.

Wish? Did someone say wish?

Mekka lekka hi mekka hiney ho!
Mekka lekka hi mekka chiney ho!

The wish is granted. Long live Jambi.

Journal Entry 3 by tara-K from Oegstgeest, Zuid-Holland Netherlands on Wednesday, December 17, 2003
Just received the book in the mail from ButtonBright. I'm planning on making it a bookray when I finish it. So far, the people on the list are:

loopy1 (UK)
Mundoo (Australia)
mysteryfan03 (Missouri, USA)
Princess1984 (Ontario, Canada)
Wandeca (Ontario, Canada)<----- in possession of

tentagel (Ontario, Canada)

I hope to have the book read by the end of January and then it will be ready for mailing to the first person on the list.

Update: I couldn't wait to start reading it, so I started it after I made this journal entry. It's a fantastic book. Different from the movie, but who cares? I'm down to the last 2 chapters. I'll finish it tonight. (Dec 26)

As soon as I get the address from loopy1, the book will go out. 20Jan04

Journal Entry 4 by loopy1 from Herne Bay, Kent United Kingdom on Tuesday, February 17, 2004
The book arrived safely in Kent this morning. I think I saw the film, but have only a vague memory of it. I tend to treat books and their films as separate anyway - that way I'm not surprised ;-)

I look forward to reading this, thanks :-)

Journal Entry 5 by loopy1 from Herne Bay, Kent United Kingdom on Monday, March 01, 2004
Well I thought I remembered how this ended, then discovered I didn't...
If tissue ratings were given, I would have to give this book at least a 3!
When Theresa first found the note inside the bottle I thought - wow, this note was written by a man? Then I realised - the whole book was written by a man. Maybe there's hope for them yet ;-)

A very moving story, with some powerful ideas. Is it possible to find love twice? Garrett doesn't think so. He writes letters to his late wife and releases them in bottles. But some of them are found by other people, and when Theresa ends up with three letters in her possession she just has to set out and find the man who wrote them.
Thanks for sharing this, it's now about to travel to the other side of the world - hopefully in a more secure mode of transport than being set loose in a bottle ;-)

Journal Entry 6 by Mundoo from Hindmarsh Island, South Australia Australia on Tuesday, March 09, 2004
Received the book in the post today

Journal Entry 7 by Mundoo from Hindmarsh Island, South Australia Australia on Friday, April 02, 2004
A lovely story. I could relate a lot to Garrett's feelings having lost a husband myself 7 years ago and then unexpectedly after 4 years falling in love with some-one else. Garrett never fell out of love with his late wife while Theresa had with her ex-husband, death is a powerful barrier to overcome. The ending was sad, this is not a 'happy ever after' story
I enjoyed the book.

Journal Entry 8 by Mundoo from Hindmarsh Island, South Australia Australia on Tuesday, April 06, 2004
Posted to mysteryfan03 today

Journal Entry 9 by mysteryfan03 from Moberly, Missouri USA on Friday, April 23, 2004
Received this book today! I loved the postcard, mundoo!!! I have a few rings in front of this and then I will send it on.....Thanks

Journal Entry 10 by mysteryfan03 from Moberly, Missouri USA on Thursday, May 06, 2004
This book was ok. It would have made a better movie I think. You could read the first and last 30 pages and know the story. It was a little too sappy for my tastes.

Will pass this on soon. Thanks so much for offering this up!!

5-10-04 I heard from Princess1984 this weekend and she already has the book. I will try to pass this on to Wandeca.

Journal Entry 11 by Wandeca from Kitchener, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, June 08, 2004
It got here! Along with four other bookring/ray books. I'll try to read as soon as possible.

Journal Entry 12 by Wandeca from Kitchener, Ontario Canada on Tuesday, June 08, 2004
I began reading this book at lunch time, just after I got it in the mail, and I'm amazed on how it grabbed me. I couldn't put it down, so while the kids were having their naps I read the rest. What a wonderful and powerful book! I must be the only person that hasn't watched the movie so I didn't know too much about story other than a widower was writing loves stories to his wife and a divorced woman found them. But it's so much more than just that, it's about life, death, and being able to face your life after someone you love dies and moving on, finding someone new to share your love. Beautifully written. Good thing I had a box of tissues next to me, because it came in handy.

I'll be contacting tentagel for an address.