Playing the Moldovans at Tennis

by Tony Hawks | Travel |
Registered by rem_LovesOU on 3/11/2013
Journal Entry 1 by rem_LovesOU on Monday, March 11, 2013
Tony Hawks, always up for a challenge...

Journal Entry 2 by rem_LovesOU at Carrollton, Texas USA on Friday, March 07, 2014

Released 6 yrs ago (3/7/2014 UTC) at Carrollton, Texas USA

I enjoyed the book very much. Tony is a creative writer. As every good story starts out: at a bar! A real gem of a story. Now the book is going across town to my sister.

Journal Entry 3 by debbie4osu at Lewisville, Texas USA on Sunday, March 09, 2014
I read Round Ireland with a Fridge, and now I am on Playing the Moldovans at Tennis. I like his job, wish I had thought of doing this!
Caught from LovesOU, and will be on Mount TBR for a while.

Journal Entry 4 by debbie4osu at Lewisville, Texas USA on Tuesday, December 08, 2015

Released 5 yrs ago (12/7/2015 UTC) at Lewisville, Texas USA

Sending to JennyC1230 to Georgia. It is a part of the VBB for ABC books (Already Been Crossed)
Happy travels! I really enjoyed this book, and I hope you do too.

Journal Entry 5 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Thursday, December 10, 2015
Thanks for sending from a VBB. I loved Round Ireland with a Fridge, so I'm looking forward to reading this book. Thanks.

Journal Entry 6 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Tuesday, January 12, 2016
My Review: This book was a lot of fun. Another bet between Tony Hawks and his friend made while drinking. It was serious, too. Frankly I had never heard of Moldova before. The host family in Moldova that Tony stayed with was interesting. It seemed like Tony learned a lot from them.

Journal Entry 7 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Monday, February 29, 2016

Journal Entry 8 by JennyC1230 at Virtual Book Box, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA on Friday, August 12, 2016

Released 4 yrs ago (8/12/2016 UTC) at Virtual Book Box, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Sending to collectorkerri from Non-fiction VBB. Sorry it took me so long to send it!

Journal Entry 9 by collectorkerri at Springfield, Illinois USA on Monday, August 22, 2016
Like the others, I also read and enjoyed Round Ireland with a Fridge, so this has been on my wishlist for awhile. Thanks, JennyC1230!

Journal Entry 10 by collectorkerri at Springfield, Illinois USA on Tuesday, December 20, 2016
Well, Tony Hawks did not disappoint with this second foray into the realm of the absurd as the result of a bar bet. The book was hilarious, but also was an interesting look into the post-Cold War workings of a former Soviet satellite and how the fallout from the collapse of Communism affected ordinary citizens.

Sent to HI77 as part of the wishlist tag game in the forums. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 11 by HI77 at Fort Myers, Florida USA on Friday, December 30, 2016
I guy with a bag full

of dingleberries for a brain,
eats them one at a time.