Alexander Vol 1: Child of a Dream

by Valerio Massimo Manfredi | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by redfox5 of Camberley, Surrey United Kingdom on 3/3/2013
Journal Entry 1 by redfox5 from Camberley, Surrey United Kingdom on Sunday, March 03, 2013
Book given to me by my sister Hayley and Graeme.

I've found some of Manfredi's other books to be quite dry and dull, so it was a pleasant surprise to find this book was the opposite. Alexander is a character you can get behind. His story is really interesting and engaging. I don't know anything about this period in history and I can't even get my head around how long ago it was. These nations were civilised years before the Brits. We were still running around like tribesmen and painting ourselves blue, my how far we've come.

I don't know how historically accurate this story was, sadly there is no historical note at the back of the book. But it's made me want to know more about that period in time. I think the story really stepped up when King Philip took a new wife. I didn't really understand how the marriage thing worked. But it made for page turning stuff. There were some parts where my eyes glazed over a little bit but I wouldn't let that put you off reading it :)

Journal Entry 2 by redfox5 at Easter Exchange, Exchange -- Controlled Releases on Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (3/12/2013 UTC) at Easter Exchange, Exchange -- Controlled Releases

Happy Easter! This book was a total guess. I have no idea if you'll like it or not. I thought you might like it better than chick lit and it was yellow which is an easter colour....Hope it's okay!

Journal Entry 3 by Simson-Shilitoe at Neewiller-près-Lauterbourg, Alsace France on Monday, April 01, 2013
Thank you very much, redfox5, for this special book and the different fine and sweet Easter chocolates.

Journal Entry 4 by Simson-Shilitoe at Neewiller-près-Lauterbourg, Alsace France on Sunday, November 17, 2013
Behind the all the legend there was a man .... I think that this book show us without complications how a man of this size and dignity begins .... also it remind us the importance of Alexander´s father Philip in the formation of the Alexander´s character.

Journal Entry 5 by Simson-Shilitoe at Rülzheim, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Sunday, November 17, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (11/20/2013 UTC) at Rülzheim, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany

Now part of Releanna`s calendar exchange 2014.

The parcel will start its journey to .... in .... next Wednesday in the afternoon.

Happy journey and I hope you`ll like the parcel!

Journal Entry 6 by yaroujidai at Kobe / 神戸市, Hyogo-ken Japan on Thursday, November 28, 2013
I received this book with calendar exchange 2014.
When a beautiful calendar and splendid presents arrived,I was very very glad.

Simson-Shilitoe,Thank you so much.

2013-11-28-153452

Journal Entry 7 by zyasiminntea at Kobe / 神戸市, 兵庫県 Japan on Sunday, February 02, 2014
公式ゾーン アオキ印房さんでキャッチしました。(そのうち これを英語で書きたい・・)orz

Journal Entry 8 by zyasiminntea at まち角の図書館 in Ikeda / 池田市, 大阪府 Japan on Tuesday, June 30, 2015

Released 3 yrs ago (6/29/2015 UTC) at まち角の図書館 in Ikeda / 池田市, 大阪府 Japan