Mountains Beyond Mountains: The Quest of Dr. Paul Farmer, a Man Who Would Cure the World

by Tracy Kidder | Biographies & Memoirs |
Registered by quietorchid of Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on 2/24/2013
Journal Entry 1 by quietorchid from Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on Sunday, February 24, 2013
This is a very good book on a man with a mission to change the world for the better, and who does it by reaching out to everyone he can with a personal touch to inform them of his mission to transform Haiti's medical system. This book is hard to read on occassion. Kidder does a wonderful job trailing behind a dynamo, while showing us that we may individually not be able to do what Paul Farmer does everyday, but we can and should care as much as he does about the links of social justice, poverty, and inadequate health care.

Released 8 yrs ago (3/4/2013 UTC) at Precision Grind Coffee House (E. Franklin Ave & 23rd) in Minneapolis, Minnesota USA

Left on the Shelves.
#16 in Food + Wine + Bookcrossing Challenge.
Welcome to Bookcrossing, where Books roam freely! I hope you enjoy the book, and leave a journal entry so I can see where the book ended up. You can remain anonymous if you'd like, or join and follow the book's travels throughout the world! If you join, please mention me, quietorchid, or any other journaller as the referring member. The site is free, secure, and non-spamming. Take a look around, and then go read!