The Giver

by Lois Lowry | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
Registered by quietorchid of Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on 2/24/2013
Journal Entry 1 by quietorchid from Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on Sunday, February 24, 2013
#11 in top 100 Books Challenged/Banned 1990-2000.
#23 in top 100 Books Challenged/Banned 2000-2009.
2003 Challenged in MO as 'lewd', 'twisted'.
2006 Challenged in KS
2007 Challenged in CA

Newberry Medal Winner

For more information about banned books go to the American Library Association page.

Odd book, disturbing book. Twisted? Lewd? no. Set in some future, all choice, pain, and joy has been removed in society. Life proceeds on an even keel, with happy and well adjusted citizens. The trick to this is in the hand oof the Giver of memories. Once the Giver is old, he must share his memories with the new choice.

Journal Entry 2 by quietorchid at Little Free Library -James (2126) in Saint Paul, Minnesota USA on Monday, February 25, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (2/25/2013 UTC) at Little Free Library -James (2126) in Saint Paul, Minnesota USA

Left on the Shelf.

Welcome to Bookcrossing, where Books roam freely! I hope you enjoy the book, and leave a journal entry so I can see where the book ended up. You can remain anonymous if you'd like, or join and follow the book's travels throughout the world! If you join, please mention me, quietorchid, or any other journaller as the referring member. The site is free, secure, and non-spamming. Take a look around, and then go read!