False Premises (Domestic Bliss Mysteries)

by Leslie Caine | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by llama-mama205 of Raleigh, North Carolina USA on 2/13/2013
Journal Entry 1 by llama-mama205 from Raleigh, North Carolina USA on Wednesday, February 13, 2013
45/2012
a domestic bliss mystery

Journal Entry 2 by llama-mama205 at Pittsboro, North Carolina USA on Monday, July 01, 2013

Released 7 yrs ago (7/2/2013 UTC) at Pittsboro, North Carolina USA

JUMP!...into JennyC1230's mystery bookbox it goes!

Journal Entry 3 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Saturday, July 06, 2013
This came home in my Mystery Bookbox. I'm planning to read this one before it travels again. Thanks for sharing!

Book #2 in the Domestic Bliss Mystery series:

Interior designer Erin Gilbert was dazzled by her beautiful, free-spending client and new friend, Laura Smith. Dazzled, that is, until she visits Laura's magnificent house and finds that the priceless antiques she painstakingly acquired at Laura's behest have been completely replaced with fakes! When Laura's explanations ring as false as the erstwhile Louis XVI foyer mirror, Erin begins investigating her friend's colorful life and times - and then gets interrupted by a murder.

As fate would have it, Erin has uncovered the same world-class scam artist who all but destroyed her handsome-but-embittered archrival, Steve Sullivan. While Sullivan aches for revenge, Erin wants answers - even while she juggles a sputtering romance, a burgeoning business, and one very boorish client. For Erin, it's bad enough that bodies are being strewn in all the wrong places. It's even worse that one suspect perfectly fits each crime: Sullivan himself!

Journal Entry 4 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Thursday, January 23, 2014
My Review: I enjoyed this mystery. I don't know much about antiques or interior design, but it still made an interesting story. I'm going to look for more in this series.

Journal Entry 5 by JennyC1230 at Woodstock, Georgia USA on Thursday, January 23, 2014
This is reserved for Booklady331's ABC Virtual Bookbox.

Released 6 yrs ago (8/7/2014 UTC) at ~~~ ♥ ~~~ A Friend ~~~ ♥ ~~~, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- USA

Sending to booklady331 from Booklady331's ABC VBB. Thanks for hosting this VBB! Enjoy the book!

Journal Entry 7 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Tuesday, August 12, 2014
The book arrived today in the mail. Thank you for sending it to me. This is a new author for me.

Journal Entry 8 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Monday, April 04, 2016
This is the first book I've read by Leslie Caine so I can't compare the writing in it to her other works. False Premises had a fair mystery. The heroine, Erin Gilbert, seemed immature for being in her mid-twenties and the chapters were peppered with equally annoying, rather than interesting characters.

Erin Gilbert is an interior designer and her client Laura Smith has purchased many expensive antiques Erin had found for her. After a confrontation the two women have with a man proclaiming to be a policeman, Erin follows Laura home, concerned for her safety. Inside her house for the first time, she finds the priceless antiques she has scoured the antique world for have been replaced with cheap fakes. Erin confronts her about the situation and Laura states the antiques are in a storage facility as she is contemplating selling them. Erin doesn't believe Laura and shares the information with her boyfriend who informs her Laura is the woman that scammed his friend Steve Sullivan and ran off with his business partner Evan. John, Erin's friend, feels they need to tell Steve and they decide to monitor Laura's movements. Laura, of course, gets murdered.

The rest of the book works towards solving the murder. I felt the confused at times by the clutter of people that appeared who didn't seem to push the plot/story forward. I did find the insertion of design blurbs to be interesting, sometimes more interesting than the accompanying plot! I found the book worth finishing to find out "who did it."

Journal Entry 9 by wingbooklady331wing at Regal Princess Cruise Ship in Cape Coral, Florida USA on Monday, April 04, 2016

Released 4 yrs ago (3/29/2016 UTC) at Regal Princess Cruise Ship in Cape Coral, Florida USA

Enjoy! KTM released in the ship's library for someone to pick up and read