The Blessing Way

by Tony Hillerman | Mystery & Thrillers | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingerishkigalwing of Salt Lake City, Utah USA on 2/13/2013
Journal Entry 1 by wingerishkigalwing from Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Wednesday, February 13, 2013
This is Hillerman's first Navaho novel, and Joe Leaphorn is not as fully realized as he later becomes. Nor is the plot as complicated as later in the series. But what a wonderful start to what became an iconic series! As always, place is itself a character, and one of the major reasons I so enjoy his novels. I have been lucky enough to spend a fair amount of time on the Rez, and I love the "oh, god, yes, i remember bouncing up that wash/road!" (or slipping and sliding in the mud, depending on the season:) ) But it's not just that-- he's a wonderful storyteller, with a deep love for this corner of the world and it's peoples.

Journal Entry 2 by wingerishkigalwing at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Thursday, February 21, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (2/21/2013 UTC) at Salt Lake City, Utah USA

Sending off in my (shrinking) Native American bookbox, to be enjoyed by another bookcrosser :)

Journal Entry 3 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Friday, May 17, 2013
Taken from Native American bookbox with thanks!

Journal Entry 4 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, October 20, 2013
This book took a trip to New Mexico and Arizona and got read along the way, but I didn't finish it until I got back home! I've only read a couple of the books in this series, so it's interesting to find out that it's the first one.

Journal Entry 5 by winghyphen8wing at Ward Warehouse in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Thursday, October 24, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (10/23/2013 UTC) at Ward Warehouse in Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Left on one of the tables in the food court area.

(Larger photo here.)

Thanks for finding this book!

If you're new to Bookcrossing, I hope you will take some time to explore this wonderful free and anonymous community and learn what it has to offer.

Freed any good books lately? It's good for the circulation. :)