Lakota Woman

by Mary Crow Dog, Richard Erdoes | Biographies & Memoirs | This book has not been rated.
Registered by winghyphen8wing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 2/11/2013
Journal Entry 1 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Friday, April 26, 2013
Mary Crow Dog's account of her life as a young Native American woman actively involved in the turbulent events of the 1960s and 1970s makes for interesting reading.

This is a time in US history that I don't *quite* remember..and it wasn't really covered in school, so my knowledge of many of the things that happen in this book is very spotty. Certainly there were a lot of things for Mary and her friends to be angry about, although I can't say I agree with *all* of her opinions.

Much of the book involves events in South Dakota, so I'll count this as book 19/59 for NancyNova's 2013-2014 US states & territories reading challenge.

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, May 12, 2013
I had set this book aside for a Native American-themed bookbox but great minds think alike and when I received the box this book was already in there!

So it will be released at the book festival instead.

Journal Entry 3 by winghyphen8wing at Hawaii Book & Music Festival in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, May 12, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (5/18/2013 UTC) at Hawaii Book & Music Festival in Honolulu, Hawaii USA

To be released at our third annual pop-up Skygate OBCZ during the 2013 Hawaii Book and Music Festival.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm so glad you've found this book!

Won't you please make a journal entry to let the book's previous readers know that it's safely in your hands? How did you find it? What did you think of it? What are you going to do with it next?

BookCrossing: making the whole world a library!