Vanishing Act (Jane Whitefield)

Free your books!
by Thomas Perry | Mystery & Thrillers |
Registered by winghyphen8wing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 2/11/2013
Journal Entry 1 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Friday, April 26, 2013
From the back cover:

"Jane Whitefield is a Native American guide who leads people out of the wilderness -- not the tree-filled variety but the kind created by enemies who want you dead. She is in the one-woman business of helping the desperate disappear."

I read this years ago, but I enjoyed it enough to go looking for Jane's further adventures.

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Friday, May 17, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (5/16/2013 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Jane's off on a journey with Erishkigal's Native American bookbox.

Journal Entry 3 by k00kaburra at San Jose, California USA on Tuesday, October 15, 2013
This book enjoyed a brief stop in Boulder, UT before continuing its journey in Erishkigal's Native American bookbox.

Journal Entry 4 by wingerishkigalwing at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Saturday, February 08, 2014
Oops, just realizing there were a few books in the bottom of the box that didn't get journalled when the box came home....SORRY! This one's now being packed in a box marked tbr. It has been and still is crazy here....still moving, still sorting thru 40 years of Mom's living here, and it's taking much longer than I expected....I go to bed, and when I wake find all the "stuff" has had wild sex while I slept, and multiplied like rabbits! And my books....omg, I can't believe how many boxes....trying to be ruthless and sending many (non registered) to the thrifts... :( ...tbr boxes will be accessed randomly once I'm at least semi-settled.....

Journal Entry 5 by wingerishkigalwing at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Monday, June 09, 2014
Interesting career choice :D I enjoyed this, read it over the weekend (when I should have been cleaning, continuing to unpack, etc). On the NA side, I really enjoyed the visiting her family, that she talked to the ancient ones and made offerings, and how ultimately Jane's background became her saving grace. I will keep my eye out for more of these.

Journal Entry 6 by wingerishkigalwing at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Monday, November 17, 2014

Released 4 yrs ago (11/17/2014 UTC) at Salt Lake City, Utah USA

Sending up to the green Northwest, after it was selected from a vbb. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 7 by wingBooksandMusicwing at Seattle, Washington USA on Sunday, November 23, 2014
Received, thank you!

Journal Entry 8 by wingBooksandMusicwing at Seattle, Washington USA on Tuesday, October 30, 2018
Slated to be read this month

Journal Entry 9 by wingBooksandMusicwing at Seattle, Washington USA on Sunday, November 25, 2018
Great story! I was very surprised and pleased with this book. You never know what might be in the pages of a book and a book like this is why I keep opening covers.
Jane Whitefield helps people disappear. When a man breaks into her house she is at first very suspicious but what he tells her convinces her to help him. I want to avoid any spoilers but I will say that Jane Whitefield is one of my literary heroes.

Journal Entry 10 by wingBooksandMusicwing at Seattle, Washington USA on Sunday, May 05, 2019
I am going to offer this in the ABC VBB

Journal Entry 11 by wingBooksandMusicwing at Seattle, Washington USA on Thursday, July 11, 2019

Released 2 mos ago (7/11/2019 UTC) at Seattle, Washington USA

Sent to the bookcrosser who requested it.

Journal Entry 12 by wingbooklady331wing at Cape Coral, Florida USA on Thursday, July 18, 2019
The book arrived today. Thank you for sharing with me.