Touching Spirit Bear

Free your books!
by Ben Mikaelsen | Literature & Fiction | This book has not been rated.
ISBN: 038080560x Global Overview for this book
Registered by winghyphen8wing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 2/11/2013
Journal Entry 1 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Friday, April 26, 2013
Fifteen-year-old Cole Matthews is an expert at getting into trouble. When he beats another boy badly, he is presented with a choice: go to prison or face Native American Circle Justice.

Shortly after he arrives on a remote Alaskan Island, he encounters a mysterious white bear. Will Cole survive his encounter? How will it change him?

Good stuff...but if the worms in chapter 10 bother you, you'll want to skip chapter 11.

Here's another copy on my BookCrossing shelf.

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, May 12, 2013
I had set this book aside for a Native American-themed bookbox but great minds think alike and when I received the box this book was already in there!

So it will be released at the book festival instead.

Journal Entry 3 by winghyphen8wing at Hawaii Book & Music Festival in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, May 12, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (5/18/2013 UTC) at Hawaii Book & Music Festival in Honolulu, Hawaii USA

To be released at our third annual pop-up Skygate OBCZ during the 2013 Hawaii Book and Music Festival.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I'm so glad you've found this book!

Won't you please make a journal entry to let the book's previous readers know that it's safely in your hands? How did you find it? What did you think of it? What are you going to do with it next?

BookCrossing: making the whole world a library!

Journal Entry 4 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Sunday, May 19, 2013
Reclaimed from the Hawaii Book and Music Festival for Erishkigal.

Journal Entry 5 by winghyphen8wing at Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (6/5/2013 UTC) at Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Released for Secretariat's 2013 Never Judge a Book By Its Cover Challenge (week 22).

Cole is off on a new adventure - to Utah! I don't know if he'll see any bears, but hopefully he'll find a new reader.

Journal Entry 6 by wingerishkigalwing at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Friday, June 28, 2013
Oops, almost missed journalling this one. I liked this book a lot, and appreciate you sending this copy to take down to the Rez, hyphen8! It will be a great read for some tween or young teen!

Journal Entry 7 by wingerishkigalwing at on the mountain in Wheatfields, Arizona USA on Sunday, August 17, 2014

Released 6 yrs ago (7/17/2013 UTC) at on the mountain in Wheatfields, Arizona USA

registering another copy of this terrific book to send to a classroom, and see that this copy was never 'officially' released.. Set free at the Children's Give-Away at Little Big Medicine Sundance, 2013.