The Night Tourist - Audio

by Katherine Marsh | Audiobooks |
ISBN: 054502465X Global Overview for this book
Registered by KathyB25 of Arlington, Texas USA on 1/29/2013
Journal Entry 1 by KathyB25 from Arlington, Texas USA on Tuesday, January 29, 2013
A stunning debut adventure through the ghostly underworld of New York City.

Format: 4 CDs, Unabridged

Jack Perdu, a shy, ninth grade classics prodigy, lives with his father at Yale University. When he suffers a near fatal accident, Jack's father sends him to see a mysterious doctor in New York City--a place Jack hasn't been since his mother died there eight years ago. In New York, Jack meets a girl named Euri who leads him into the city's Underworld, a place where those who died in New York reside until they are ready to move on. This, Jack believes, is a chance to see his mother again. But as secrets about Euri's past are revealed, so are the true reasons for Jack's visit to the Underworld.

Journal Entry 2 by KathyB25 at Arlington, Texas USA on Friday, March 15, 2013
On its way to azuki

Journal Entry 3 by wingAzukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Tuesday, April 02, 2013
Thanks! You always have awesome YA fantasies to share.

Journal Entry 4 by wingAzukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Tuesday, January 07, 2014
I enjoy this Orpheus-inspired story very much. I thought I know how it's going to end, but I guess not...

The author draws a very detailed picture of the ghostly underworld that Jack explores. It's a fun read but also let readers ponder the question of life and death. However, in some way it feels that it's not bad being a ghost... seems like you still enjoy a lot of fun, you can read books, go to performances (and live person don't even have free admission!), go to bars, hang out with friends, fly around the city... all without worries about paying the bill, be late to work, catching a cold, any nuisances about living...

This book has been requested by Elsi on BookObsessed.

Journal Entry 5 by elsi at Sanger, Texas USA on Wednesday, January 29, 2014
This audio book arrived in yesterday's mail. I'm looking forward to listening to it -- though I suspect it won't be terribly soon since I have quite a backlog of audio books on hand. Thank you so much for sending it to me.