To Kill a Mockingbird

by Harper Lee | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingJDTwing of Pleasanton, California USA on 11/25/2003
Journal Entry 1 by wingJDTwing from Pleasanton, California USA on Tuesday, November 25, 2003
Happy to find a copy of this powerful, moving classic to re-read and release.

Journal Entry 2 by wingJDTwing from Pleasanton, California USA on Tuesday, December 02, 2003
Sending to Lisa-B - as a surprise RABCK!

Journal Entry 3 by Lisa-B on Friday, January 23, 2004
Thanks very much for this "little" gift, "to read and/or release in Germany". I've got another copy on my personal shelf, an excellent book, one of my favourites! JDT, I so much appreciate the idea of sharing it and giving me a chance to release it here in Germany.

Journal Entry 4 by Lisa-B at Postal Release in Postal release, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases on Saturday, January 31, 2004
Released on Saturday, January 31, 2004 at Postal Release in Postal release, Postal Release Controlled Releases.

Mailed to froggy-frog who'll pass it on to Buecherfresser. I'd asked on the German language forum who would love to read this great book. Though it is not a wild release I think this is a good way to pass it on in Germany.

Journal Entry 5 by Lisa-B on Sunday, February 01, 2004
Now it is becoming a bookray. The order is:

1. froggy-frog
2. buecherfresser
3. juettpbb
4. holle77
5. Sudizoso

If you would like to be added to the list, please PM me.

Journal Entry 6 by froggy-frog from Tübingen, Baden-Württemberg Germany on Saturday, February 07, 2004
Ich habe das Buch heute in meinem Briefkasten "gefunden" und mache mich bald ans lesen ! Danke !

23.02. First I thought "never I'll be able to read this book in english..." but after a lazy weekend with a lot of time I'm really happy (and proud of me *g*)that I've done it, such a nice, lovely and also sad story! I've seen a lots of time the film but the book is, like always much more !

I'll send the book tomorrow to Buecherfresser ! And thanks a lot to JDT and Lisa-B for this nice Ray !

Journal Entry 7 by froggy-frog at n/a in n/a, By Post -- Controlled Releases on Monday, February 23, 2004
Release planned for Tuesday, February 24, 2004 at n/a in n/a, By Post Controlled Releases.

Sent to Buecherfresser

Journal Entry 8 by buecherfresser from Pfaffenhofen an der Ilm, Bayern Germany on Thursday, February 26, 2004
To Kill a Mockingbird arrived today in a thickly padded envelope in my mailbox. This is a book I always meant to read and it was the most important item (and, in fact, the only one) on my wishlist. Thank you JDT for sharing this book, Lisa-B for organizing the bookring and froggy-frog for passing it on to me.
I will start reading immediately and of course I will report back on how I liked it. So far, I have not seen the movie yet, because I always enjoy a book so much more when my personal ideas and fantasies are not "spoiled" by the way the filmmaker sees the story. When I am done, however, I plan to see the movie too....but first I will read the book, and this is always the much bigger treat. I have noticed there will be a read-a-long for this novel in April, but of course I don't want to wait so long....and the other members of the bookring should not have to wait so long either. :-)

Journal Entry 9 by buecherfresser from Pfaffenhofen an der Ilm, Bayern Germany on Thursday, March 18, 2004
...what a wonderful book. Apart from the serious background, I just enjoyed the dry humour of the book. The way Scout is sometimes puzzled by the world of the grown-ups reminded me very much of my own childhood....but this story works on many levels and provides a lot of insight into people that is not limited to the folks of Alabama in the Thirties. As is said in the book: "there is just one kind of folks: folks".
The next one to enjoy it will be juettpbb.

Journal Entry 10 by juettpbb from Bochum, Nordrhein-Westfalen Germany on Wednesday, March 24, 2004
The Book arrived today safley in my letterbox. thanks!