Kane and Abel

by Jeffrey Archer | Audiobooks |
Registered by wingerishkigalwing of Salt Lake City, Utah USA on 1/21/2013
Journal Entry 1 by wingerishkigalwing from Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Monday, January 21, 2013
This was a decent short-trips around town tape. Interesting tale/characters, very well read, but predictable.

3cds
abridged

Journal Entry 2 by wingerishkigalwing at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Thursday, February 21, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (2/21/2013 UTC) at Salt Lake City, Utah USA

Offered in and chosen from the audio vbb. Now heading to sunny California, hopefully to be enjoyed by FeistyPom2Love :-)

Journal Entry 3 by FeistyPom2Love at Carpinteria, California USA on Saturday, March 16, 2013
I received this audiobook today in the mail along with the lovely Bookcrossing postcard. Thank you for sending it my way. The following is a book description of Kane & Abel:

Amazon Editorial Review:

"William Lowell Kane and Abel Rosnovski, one the son of a Boston millionaire, the other a penniless polish immigrant-born on the same day near the turn of the century on opposite sides of the world-are brought together by fate and the quest of a dream. Two men - ambitious, powerful, ruthless - are locked in a relentless struggle to build an empire, fueled by their all-consuming hatred. Over sixty years and three generations, through war, marriage, fortune, and disaster, Kane and Abel battle for the success and triumph that only one man can have..."

Journal Entry 4 by FeistyPom2Love at Carpinteria, California USA on Monday, March 18, 2013
This is my 1st experience with anything written by Jeffrey Archer and I enjoyed listening to this abridged audiobook! I thought it was well read and also predictable in parts, but good overall.

One of my favorite features was the author interview at the end of this audiobook.

I've added this audiobook to the next round of the audio vbb!

P. S. After listening to 'Kane & Abel', I decided to purchased the audio cd edition of Jeffery Archer's 'The Prodigal Daughter', as it is the follow up novel to Archer's 'Kane & Abel'.

Journal Entry 5 by FeistyPom2Love at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Friday, March 22, 2013

Released 5 yrs ago (3/22/2013 UTC) at Salt Lake City, Utah USA

I sent this audio to the next listener as this audiobook was selected from iwillrejoice's audio vbb. Happy listening!!

Journal Entry 6 by tostle at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Wednesday, April 03, 2013
Thank you for sharing this audiobook!

Journal Entry 7 by tostle at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Wednesday, August 14, 2013
B read this and says: This is a really good story. It is about the cunningness of two people to outdo each other all over a misunderstanding when they were young. Thanks for sharing!

Journal Entry 8 by tostle at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Wednesday, October 02, 2013
B read this book--surprisingly well read, this was a good book!

Journal Entry 9 by askmargaret at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Wednesday, October 02, 2013
I liked this book!

Journal Entry 10 by tostle at Salt Lake City, Utah USA on Thursday, March 06, 2014

Released 4 yrs ago (3/6/2014 UTC) at Salt Lake City, Utah USA

This book is going into booklady331's CD only book box. Happy travels!

Journal Entry 11 by wingAzukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Tuesday, June 17, 2014
Taking this out of the audio box because it's a quick read and I've enjoyed Jeffrey Archer's other books in the past (mostly art mystery)

Journal Entry 12 by wingAzukiwing at Miami, Florida USA on Sunday, February 21, 2016
Like everybody said, it's an enjoyable read, although a bit predictable. Not fun that the reader can figure out the anonymous white knight so early on, and how the second generation comes together is also a bit thin. Not Archer's more brilliant books but at 3 CDs I'd recommend it.

Journal Entry 13 by wingJudySlump612wing at Minneapolis, Minnesota USA on Tuesday, October 31, 2017
Taken from the BigJohnLefty audio book box

Released 1 yr ago (11/2/2017 UTC) at BigJohnLefty's CD-only AudioBookBox, Audio Book Box -- Controlled Releases

Media mail to Indigo88 for the BigJohnLefty audio VBB

Journal Entry 15 by indygo88 at Lafayette, Indiana USA on Tuesday, November 07, 2017
Got it -- thanks!