After Dark (Vintage International)

by Haruki Murakami | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingSqueakyChuwing of Rockville, Maryland USA on 1/13/2013
Journal Entry 1 by wingSqueakyChuwing from Rockville, Maryland USA on Sunday, January 13, 2013
I received this book from Eugene Uttley (USA: IN) of BookMooch on January 6, 2013.

Journal Entry 2 by wingSqueakyChuwing at Rockville, Maryland USA on Saturday, January 6, 2024
This was a lovely story about a blossoming friendship between the young trombonist Takahashi and Mara, the younger sister of a girl to whom he was once attracted. The whole story takes place during one night, but multiple things happen overnight, including an unfortunate incident involving a Chinese prostitute plus the weird temporary disappearance of Mara’s sister.

I love the way Murakami writes. He includes small details as if they’re the most important things in the world. In addition, he plays with magical realism in such a way to make his stories intriguing and fun. It’s been a while since I’ve read his stories. This one sure makes me want to get back to them again.

Journal Entry 3 by wingSqueakyChuwing at LFL - Vandegrift Ave (5811) #7720 in Rockville, Maryland USA on Saturday, June 15, 2024

Released 6 days ago (6/15/2024 UTC) at LFL - Vandegrift Ave (5811) #7720 in Rockville, Maryland USA

Hello and welcome to BookCrossing ... where we make the