Ex-Libris

by Ross King | Literature & Fiction |
ISBN: 0142000809 Global Overview for this book
Registered by amyem of Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on 1/7/2013
Journal Entry 1 by amyem from Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Monday, January 07, 2013
This was languishing at my work booksharing shelf so I am giving it wider release. I read it for bookclub and it was billed as a literary mystery and it was in part but didn't completely succeed. Fun but not great.

Journal Entry 2 by amyem at Algiers, 40 Brattle Street, Harvard Sq. in Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (1/9/2013 UTC) at Algiers, 40 Brattle Street, Harvard Sq. in Cambridge, Massachusetts USA

Planned for release at January 2013 Boston Bookcrossers Meetup

Journal Entry 3 by fzhasan at Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Thursday, January 10, 2013
Just picked this up at the meet-up

Journal Entry 4 by fzhasan at Cambridge, Massachusetts USA on Sunday, February 17, 2013
A dense book filled with many facts and red herrings. Enjoyable to read but not a page turner. I hoped the ending would have more resolution.

Journal Entry 5 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, March 13, 2013
I picked up this paperback at the Boston BCers Meetup at the Algiers; thanks! I admit that the cover-art and title drew me in; will see if the story lives up to the first impression.

Later: I enjoyed much of the period detail, especially the bits focusing on the libraries (despite all the Bad Things Happening To Books {wry grin}), and the finale was indeed a spectacle, reminiscent of Fall of the House of Usher. I also appreciated the use of palimpsests as key plot elements - that word's always been a favorite of mine...

Journal Entry 6 by wingGoryDetailswing at Nashua, New Hampshire USA on Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (3/27/2013 UTC) at Nashua, New Hampshire USA

I'm putting this book in the Books about books bookbox, which will be on its way to its next stop today. Hope someone enjoys it!

Journal Entry 7 by wingNancyNovawing at Lansdale, Pennsylvania USA on Saturday, August 10, 2013
Picked out of the books bookbox and adding to Mt TBR. Thanks!