In The Kitchen

by Monica Ali | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingcally-cwing of Alfreton, Derbyshire United Kingdom on 12/29/2012
Journal Entry 1 by wingcally-cwing from Alfreton, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Saturday, December 29, 2012
At the once-splendid Imperial Hotel, chef Gabriel Lightfoot is trying to run a tight kitchen. But his integrity and his sanity are under constant challenge from an exuberantly multinational staff, a gimlet-eyed hotel management, and business partners with whom he is planning a new venture. Despite the pressure, his hard work looks set to pay off. Until the discovery of a porter's dead body in the kitchen appears to tip the scales. It is a small death, a lonely death - but it is enough to disturb the tenuous balance of Gabe's life.

Journal Entry 2 by wingcally-cwing at Alfreton, Derbyshire United Kingdom on Saturday, December 29, 2012
I enjoyed reading this book, the setting & characters were very believable & vivid. I thought the ending let it down, as it seemed to skip through Gabe's recovery too quickly.

Journal Entry 3 by wingcally-cwing at Divine Cafe in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Friday, March 15, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (3/15/2013 UTC) at Divine Cafe in Nottingham, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom

You've found a travelling book!
This book set off on its travels in March....but where has it decided to stay?

Well, if you're reading this then you've found it & you can tell us!
Please take a minute to say where it was discovered...
...& you can tell us what you thought of it.
When you've read it, please pass it to a friend to enjoy
or leave it in a public place for someone else to find -just like you did!

(If you decide to join Bookcrossing, please consider putting me,
cally-c as your referring member-thanks!)

Journal Entry 4 by house-elfdobby at Nottingham, Nottinghamshire United Kingdom on Sunday, May 26, 2013
Picked this one up at the last metup and totally forgot to journal it. Bad Dobby!