Like We Used to Be

by Jean Stubbs | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by wingelizardbreathwing of Bella Vista, Arkansas USA on 12/11/2012
Journal Entry 1 by wingelizardbreathwing from Bella Vista, Arkansas USA on Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Requested from paperbackswap.com.

Sending to tabby-cat-owner as a Secret Santa 2012 gift. Enjoy!

To the finder of this book:

Thanks, and Happy BookCrossing! :)

Journal Entry 3 by tabby-cat-owner at Phoenix, Arizona USA on Wednesday, December 26, 2012
I received this in the mail from elizardbreath of Pendleton, Oregon who was my Secret Santa this year.

Thank you so much for this hard-to-find book. I've read other books written by this author and enjoyed them. I had no idea who my Secret Santa was until I opened the presents.

Journal Entry 4 by tabby-cat-owner at Phoenix, Arizona USA on Sunday, December 17, 2017
Although written in the 1980s, the plot of this book takes place in the 1950s and beyond. Two English sisters choose different routes in life. One sister chooses traditional marriage at a young age. The other sister surrenders her virginity at a young age and scorns marriage.

NOTE: This book has been donated to the General Literature VBB organized by bookstogive.

Journal Entry 5 by tabby-cat-owner at Phoenix, Arizona USA on Sunday, November 04, 2018
It took me a while to get into this book. At first, I didn't much like it, but I found it interesting to read for the second half of the book. The overall point of the book is that finding a man is not the happily-ever-after that fairy tales lead us to believe. It is not a secret that young Zoe who falls in love and married young has married a selfish man incapable of loving a woman. Zoe's sister Leila encounters selfish man after selfish man. Yet she adapts to this by becoming independent. The two sisters are women of privilege which helps them in their struggles.

Released 2 mos ago (11/15/2018 UTC) at Mailed to fellow bookcrosser, Postal Release -- Controlled Releases

This book has been mailed to Maranlin of Ontario, Canada who requested it from the vbb.

Journal Entry 7 by wingMaranlinwing at Burlington, Ontario Canada on Thursday, November 15, 2018
I received this book in the mail today from tabby-cat-owner. Thank you so much for sending it to me!