A Vintage Affair

by Isabel Wolff | Women's Fiction |
Registered by wingNiksuwing of Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on 12/6/2012
Journal Entry 1 by wingNiksuwing from Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Thursday, December 06, 2012
Do fairytale dresses bring fairytale endings?

This was a lovely read! I found the book from the exchange shelf of my local library a year and half ago and ever since been pondering whether to read it or pass it forward unread. Chick-lit or romance or woman's fiction is something I quite rarely read and when I found a good book among them I'm truly pleased. I'm glad I found this on someones wishlist and finally decided to read it before passing it on. It was well worth reading and I hope the next reader finds it as amusing as I did.

Journal Entry 2 by wingNiksuwing at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland on Friday, December 07, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (12/7/2012 UTC) at Helsinki, Uusimaa / Nyland Finland

Pippis the Kind Courier will take the book to Turku and towards duskiska. I spotted this book on her wishlist and I'm very glad to be able to fulfill a wish as it was just last week she did the same for me.

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...

Journal Entry 3 by duskiska at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Sunday, December 09, 2012
Yay, thank you so much! This was unexpected, to say the least. :D This looks more chick-lit than I had imagined, but I'll give it a go anyway.

Journal Entry 4 by duskiska at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Sunday, March 10, 2013
I just loved this! The story was intriguing and the characters, especially Mrs Bell, felt very much alive. There's quite a lot going on in here but definitely not too much, just enough to keep it interesting. I even shed some tears! I also liked the fact that the protagonist is an entrepreneur and independent of men. Yay for strong women!

I definitely recommend this even to those who aren't keen on women's fiction. There's nothing air-headed about this!

Journal Entry 5 by duskiska at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Sunday, March 10, 2013

Released 7 yrs ago (3/11/2013 UTC) at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland

Next to Chania from the wishlist tag game. I'm also taking part in MINKULA's wishlist challenge. Happy reading!

Journal Entry 6 by Chania at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Wednesday, March 13, 2013
Thank you, this book looks so lovely, and so does the postcard!

Journal Entry 7 by Chania at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Saturday, January 10, 2015
A lovely book - one of the good chick-lit books, really! Touching, romantic, a bit sad - and the world of vintage clothing was very interesting!

Released 5 yrs ago (1/12/2015 UTC) at -- Jossain Kokkolassa in Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland

Leaving this to Kiviniitty lukio, I hope someone who likes to read in English, picks it up :)

Journal Entry 9 by Eltsukka77 at Kokkola, Keski-Pohjanmaa / Mellersta Österbotten Finland on Saturday, October 03, 2015
Wonderful book that i got from my mom! I cant wait to tell others about BookCrossing! :))