Committed

by Elizabeth Gilbert | Biographies & Memoirs | This book has not been rated.
Registered by wingjudygreeneyeswing of San Diego, California USA on 12/1/2012
Journal Entry 1 by wingjudygreeneyeswing from San Diego, California USA on Saturday, December 01, 2012
"Nothing links person to person like the frequent passage from hand to hand of a good book."

I picked up this copy at a huge book sale to raise money for the victims of Hurricane Sandy. I came home with so many great books (and released two onto their shelves also). This one looks interesting, but I won't get to it any time soon and have not even read "Eat, Pray, Love" yet, so out it goes to find a new reader.

From the book, a paragraph at random (on the topic of divorce and how awful it is):
"So perhaps this is the social issue needs to be addressed here, far more than who is allowed to get married and who isn't allowed to get married. From an anthropological perspective, the real dilemma of modern relationships is this: If you honestly want to have a society in which people choose their own partners on the basis of personal affection, then you must prepare yourself for the inevitable. There will be broken hearts; there will be broken lives. Exactly because the human heart is such a mystery..., love renders all our plans and all our intentions a great big gamble. Maybe the only difference between first marriage and second marriage is that the second time at least you know you are gambling."

Journal Entry 2 by wingjudygreeneyeswing at San Diego, California USA on Sunday, December 02, 2012

Released 6 yrs ago (12/2/2012 UTC) at San Diego, California USA

Off by mail to sweetsangria as a wishlist fulfillment. Enjoy!!

Journal Entry 3 by sweetsangria at Clackamas, Oregon USA on Friday, December 07, 2012
Thank you so much!!! I was a fan of eat,pray,love so am looking forward to this one.