The God of small things

by Arundhati ROY | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by VictoriaWagtail of Bagarmossen, Stockholm Sweden on 11/25/2012
Journal Entry 1 by VictoriaWagtail from Bagarmossen, Stockholm Sweden on Sunday, November 25, 2012
Set against a background of political turbulence in Kerala, this novel tells the story of twins Esthappen and Rahel. Amongst the vats of banana jam and heaps of peppercorns in their grandmother's factory they try to craft a childhood for themselves amidst what constitutes their family.

Journal Entry 2 by VictoriaWagtail at Bagarmossen, Stockholm Sweden on Wednesday, December 19, 2012
This is one of the best books I've ever read! It was a long time since I read it now but it made a huge inpact on me, mainly because of literary style, it was like poetry! I think it's time for me to re-read this book soon... I seldom do, but this one deserves it.

Journal Entry 3 by VictoriaWagtail at Bagarmossen, Stockholm Sweden on Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Released 5 yrs ago (12/19/2012 UTC) at Bagarmossen, Stockholm Sweden

God jul!
Merry Christmas!
o<3:)

Journal Entry 4 by Jannike at -- wild release somewhere in Oslo, Oslo fylke Norway on Sunday, April 16, 2017
A gem of a book. I will give it as a surprise gift to a fellow BookCrosser at BookCrossing Convention 2017.

Journal Entry 5 by wingBAMPwing at Linköping, Östergötland Sweden on Friday, April 21, 2017
Oh, thats really a surprise, thank you so much!

Journal Entry 6 by wingBAMPwing at Linköping, Östergötland Sweden on Monday, September 11, 2017
#92 of '1001 Books You Must Read Before You Die'.

I loved this story! The book ist twenty years old and I have not read it until now, unbelievable!
The library has just received her last book, The Ministry of Utmost Happiness, in Swedish, I'm in a queue to read it.

Journal Entry 7 by wingBAMPwing at By mail, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases on Friday, February 02, 2018

Released 9 mos ago (2/1/2018 UTC) at By mail, A Bookcrossing member -- Controlled Releases

Have you read this one? Anyway, it's also a 1001-book!

Journal Entry 8 by JosefinJ at Kristinehamn, Värmland Sweden on Saturday, February 03, 2018
Just got this book by mail. Will be fun reading it!