Left Hand of Darkness, The

by Ursula K. Le Guin | Science Fiction & Fantasy | This book has not been rated.
Registered by winghyphen8wing of Honolulu, Hawaii USA on 11/25/2012
Journal Entry 1 by winghyphen8wing from Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Monday, December 03, 2012
Genly Ai is the first off-planet individual to openly land on the planet Gethen, also known as Winter. His mission is complicated by multiple factors: very few people believe that he is really from another planet, and most of them think he is a freak or a pervert since he is permanently male in a world whose inhabitants have no fixed gender, but can be male, female, or something in-between.

Other copies on my BookCrossing shelf: 5557288 14320092

Journal Entry 2 by winghyphen8wing at Kaimuki in Honolulu, Hawaii USA on Monday, December 31, 2012

Released 7 yrs ago (12/31/2012 UTC) at Kaimuki in Honolulu, Hawaii USA

Next to the First Hawaiian Bank ATM on Waialae & 12th; released for Secretariat's 2012 Never Judge a Book By Its Cover Challenge and my D for December challenge.

(Larger photo here.)

This book was set free to find a new reader; I'm so glad you've found it!

This is now your book and you may do whatever you like with it, but I'm hoping you will read and enjoy it. You're welcome to keep it for as long as you wish, and you can even mark it for your "permanent collection" if you'd like...but you don't have to.

In fact, there are no requirements: it's really a free book - no strings. On the other hand, if you do make a journal entry to let the book's previous readers know that it's safely in your hands (anonymously if you wish), that would be super. :D

If you're new to BookCrossing, I hope you will take some time to explore this wonderful free and anonymous community of book lovers and learn about what it has to offer. If you decide to sign up, you may use me (hyphen8) as your referring member if you like.

When you're done with the book, please do feel free to make a journal entry saying what you thought of it or what you plan to do with it next. If you decide to pass it this book to another reader or leave it for someone else to find, joining BookCrossing will allow you to follow the book's future travels whenever another reader makes a journal entry...who knows where it will turn up next?

BookCrossing: making the whole world a library!