Me & Emma

by Elizabeth Flock | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by RedPumpkin of Wainuiomata, Wellington Province New Zealand on 11/24/2012
Journal Entry 1 by RedPumpkin from Wainuiomata, Wellington Province New Zealand on Saturday, November 24, 2012
I received the book via trade me... Last stop was Manakau, Oct 2012

Journal Entry 2 by RedPumpkin at Wainuiomata, Wellington Province New Zealand on Saturday, November 24, 2012
Randomly chosen to be my 66th read for 2012.

Journal Entry 3 by RedPumpkin at Wainuiomata, Wellington Province New Zealand on Sunday, December 02, 2012
The book is worth reading ... Even for the twist at the end.

Journal Entry 4 by wingkiwiinenglandwing at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Thursday, March 28, 2013
Wow, thanks so much for sending me this wishlist book. What a great surprise to receive.

Journal Entry 5 by wingkiwiinenglandwing at Wellington City, Wellington Province New Zealand on Monday, July 29, 2013
I figured out the twist after reading the back cover, so for me the story was an endless liturgy of child abuse and parental neglect. All of the adults stood by and watched this child be hurt, it was astounding.

While the writing was skillful, the interaction between the family members was odd. I think reading it without knowing the twist would make a better story.

Journal Entry 6 by wingkiwiinenglandwing at Queenstown, Otago New Zealand on Thursday, October 17, 2013

Released 6 yrs ago (10/17/2013 UTC) at Queenstown, Otago New Zealand

Journal Entry 7 by futurecat at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Thursday, October 17, 2013
Nabbed from a tempting pile of books, thankfully just before the red wine hit the rest of them.

Thanks kiwiinengland!

Journal Entry 8 by futurecat at Christchurch, Canterbury New Zealand on Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Gripping story. I didn't pick the twist until very near the end (even with KiwiinEngland's semi-spoiler), but once I did, I ended up going back and re-reading key passages to see how I'd missed the now-obvious clues - very skilfully written.

11/4/14: Left on the book table at the 2014 Anniversary Convention in Melbourne.

Journal Entry 9 by bargainqueen at Melbourne CBD, Victoria Australia on Friday, April 11, 2014
Caught at the 2014 convention!!

Journal Entry 10 by bargainqueen at Sublime Coffee in Bulls, Manawatu-Wanganui New Zealand on Monday, July 07, 2014

Released 5 yrs ago (7/7/2014 UTC) at Sublime Coffee in Bulls, Manawatu-Wanganui New Zealand

I finished this book while on holiday visiting my new boyfriend in Palmerston North.
The book itself was an ok read although I didn't think on hindsight the depiction of the circumstance was that accurate. Nevertheless it filled some time :)
Dear finder, please do let us know what happens to the book next :)