Blueeyedboy

by Joanne Harris | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by Beqi of Daventry, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on 11/12/2012
Journal Entry 1 by Beqi from Daventry, Northamptonshire United Kingdom on Monday, November 12, 2012
'Once there was a widow with three sons, and their names were Black, Brown and Blue. Black was the eldest; moody and aggressive. Brown was the middle child; timid and dull. But Blue was his mother's favourite. And he was a murderer.'

Blueeyedboy is the brilliant new novel from Joanne Harris: a dark and intricately plotted tale of a poisonously dysfunctional family, a blind child prodigy, and a serial murderer who is not who he seems. Told through posts on a webjournal called badguysrock, this is a thriller that makes creative use of all the multiple personalities, disguise and mind games that are offered by playing out a life on the internet.

Journal Entry 2 by Beqi at UK Unconvention 2016 - Birmingham in Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Released 2 yrs ago (9/23/2016 UTC) at UK Unconvention 2016 - Birmingham in Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom

Taking lots of books along to the Bookcrossing Uncon in Birmingham this weekend, 23rd-25th September. This is a wishlist book for Samrana. Hope you enjoy this!

Journal Entry 3 by Samrana at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Sunday, September 25, 2016
Thanks for this. Looking forward to reading it.

Journal Entry 4 by Samrana at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Monday, January 01, 2018
The use of a web journal as a stage for various narrators is a great one. From the beginning we get the sense of being a voyeur - and I questioned what is 'real' what is imagined and what was my own interpretation. There was lots to think about around the construction of identities - both within the novel itself and how we portray ourselves.

Journal Entry 5 by Samrana at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Monday, January 01, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (1/1/2018 UTC) at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom

Passed on to Juliako.

Journal Entry 6 by juliako at Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Saturday, August 25, 2018
I'm glad Samrana saved this for me!

I thought it was a super story and a very original way of telling it.

I figured out some bits but not everything which is how I like it!

Journal Entry 7 by juliako at 3 Three's Coffee Lounge in Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom on Saturday, August 25, 2018

Released 1 yr ago (8/25/2018 UTC) at 3 Three's Coffee Lounge in Birmingham, West Midlands United Kingdom

If you picked this up...

Thank you for picking up this book and logging on to the website. Welcome to the world of the bookcrossing! Do let us know what you thought of this book, and what your plans for it are. If you register on the bookcrossing site then you will also see where this book goes.