One Hundred Names

by Cecelia Ahern | Women's Fiction |
Registered by foxyfiona1986 of Swindon, Wiltshire United Kingdom on 11/9/2012
Journal Entry 1 by foxyfiona1986 from Swindon, Wiltshire United Kingdom on Friday, November 09, 2012
I am a major fan of this author and for me she always pulls it out the bag. The last two hundred pages of this book well I just couldn't put it down. Why I am up at ungodly hour writing this review (11:15pm).

This book is about untold stories. How we all stories within us. Dreams, desires, loss, heart ache, and joy is too name a few.

But will connect the list of 100 names that Kitty has? This could be Katherine Logan's last piece at Etcetra magazine will it be the last? Will she let down her loyal friend and editor Constance Dubois? Of which this is her last wish for the magazine too do. Will she do it justice?

I will not say any more too give the game away of this great book.

Journal Entry 2 by foxyfiona1986 at Gafanha da Nazaré, Aveiro Portugal on Sunday, December 02, 2012

Released 8 yrs ago (12/3/2012 UTC) at Gafanha da Nazaré, Aveiro Portugal

Merry Christmas! I hope you enjoy this book.

Journal Entry 3 by Meg72 at Ílhavo, Aveiro Portugal on Monday, December 24, 2012
Cecelia Ahern is quite big here in Portugal, but I have never read any of her books. This is a good place to start :-)
Thanks for the lovely Christmas Exchange surprise. It was perfect!

Journal Entry 4 by Meg72 at Ílhavo, Aveiro Portugal on Monday, May 05, 2014
One may say that this book is a “Journalism Fairy Tale”!

The main character, Kitty, is a journalist who falls from grace after falsely accusing a teacher of molesting teenage girls and fathering a child. Her reputation is damaged, no one wants to be associated with her, but her mentor and editor, Constance, still has faith and, before dying from cancer, tells Kitty about the story she is longing to write. As part of a tribute to her friend, Kitty investigates Constance´s notes, only to find a list with one hundred names… and nothing more! The magazine article is her last chance to save her career, but she only has 2 weeks to discover the link between the names and write the story of a lifetime.

When I say this book is like a fairy tale it is because it aims to portray journalism as the quest for truth and not the race to dig up dirt and everything scandalous in society. While investigating the names on the list, Kitty meets interesting people, all with their own story to tell. So, basically, there is the message that a good scoop may be found when you least expect it and good deeds can also be news.

Unfortunately, in real life, bad news still sells more than good news, but it is always nice to think that things may change.

I´m saving this book for a bookbox!

Journal Entry 5 by Meg72 at Ílhavo, Aveiro Portugal on Friday, August 29, 2014

Released 6 yrs ago (8/29/2014 UTC) at Ílhavo, Aveiro Portugal

Picked from the VBB - Women in Fiction. Enjoy!

Journal Entry 6 by wingrodespringbalwing at Roosdaal, Vlaams-Brabant / Brabant Flamant Belgium on Monday, September 08, 2014
thanks for sending :-)

Journal Entry 7 by wingrodespringbalwing at Roosdaal, Vlaams-Brabant / Brabant Flamant Belgium on Saturday, May 06, 2017
Cecelia Ahern is that rare author that still actually believes in the goodness of people. Maybe it's her youth, maybe she's just that person, but it is so clear that she believes that people are good, that people are beautiful, and that what is most beautiful about life is the story that each of us has to share.

On the surface, you could probably write this off as a sappy chick-lit piece, but it's so much more. You could just read the book and move on, or you could stop and take notice. You might find yourself smiling as you turn the page, or notice someone else watching the look of warmth on your face while you're reading out in public. You might just find yourself interested in the people around you - the people who pass you on the street, stand in line with you at the cafe, or sit next to you on the bus. If you let it, this story - stories, really - will open you up to all of the interesting things you encounter every day.

Thanks to Bloedengel for picking this book so I would read it before the meeting.

Journal Entry 8 by wingrodespringbalwing at Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands on Saturday, May 06, 2017

Released 3 yrs ago (7/2/2017 UTC) at Castricum, Noord-Holland Netherlands

Is ready to go with me to the meeting to find a new reader: Bloedengel

Journal Entry 9 by wingbloedengelwing at Vosselaar, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Sunday, July 02, 2017
I love Ahern, there's much more to her writing than meets the eye. She is optimistic and romantic, but never dumb or girly-wirly ... :)
Thank you, rodespringbal, and such a beautiful edition too !
I hope I won't keep it too long, but mount to be read is really hughe !

Journal Entry 10 by wingbloedengelwing at Vosselaar, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Sunday, September 13, 2020
Free to roam. ♥️♥️♥️

Journal Entry 11 by Anneke15 at Zwerfboekenrek station Mol in Mol, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium on Saturday, January 23, 2021

Released 1 mo ago (1/23/2021 UTC) at Zwerfboekenrek station Mol in Mol, Antwerpen / Anvers Belgium

Het is tijd om verder te reizen. Laat je nog iets van je horen?