The Blackwater Lightship

by Colm Toibin | Literature & Fiction |
Registered by hodgeheg on 11/3/2012
Journal Entry 1 by hodgeheg on Saturday, November 03, 2012
An emotional, sad story of a dying man's wishes and his family's problematic relationships.

Released 7 yrs ago (11/3/2012 UTC) at -- By post or by hand --, -- By post or by hand/ in person -- United Kingdom

Forwarded as part of wishlist tag game

Journal Entry 3 by wingsaskiasosmilewing at Whitby, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Sunday, November 11, 2012
Thankyou hodgeheg, for this book!
I have enjoyed reading Toibin before and therefore this book was on my wishlist.
Thanks for fulfilling my wish!

Journal Entry 4 by wingsaskiasosmilewing at Whitby, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Saturday, December 28, 2013
I have read and enjoyed this book. Now entered in greenbadger's Alphabet VBB.

Journal Entry 5 by wingsaskiasosmilewing at Whitby, North Yorkshire United Kingdom on Friday, January 10, 2014

Released 6 yrs ago (1/10/2014 UTC) at Whitby, North Yorkshire United Kingdom

This book has now been chosen by chawoso form the list in the VBB and is travelling today.

I did enjoy this book and hope chawoso will too!

Journal Entry 6 by wingchawosowing at Heusenstamm, Hessen Germany on Monday, January 20, 2014
Thanks for shipping. It was so fast. It arrived last week already! It came with a crowd of birthday letters and parcels. So I stored it away ...

Such a great read!

Journal Entry 7 by wingchawosowing at Haus der Jugend - BC Convention 2019 in Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany on Wednesday, April 24, 2019

Released 1 yr ago (4/26/2019 UTC) at Haus der Jugend - BC Convention 2019 in Mainz, Rheinland-Pfalz Germany

Will be found at the book buffet.

Happy Reading!

Journal Entry 8 by wingsakirmowing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Wednesday, May 01, 2019
Taken from convention. I have read one book by this author before and liked it, so now it's time for another!

Journal Entry 9 by wingsakirmowing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Monday, January 27, 2020
Beautifully written, felt a bit slow in the middle but becomes more engaging towards the end.

At the meet-up

Read and Release at BookCrossing.com...

Journal Entry 11 by wingpippiswing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Saturday, February 01, 2020
Not quite sure whether this is my cup of tea after all (after reading the blurb a bit better), but hey, I'll always know how to easily get rid of the book!

Journal Entry 12 by wingpippiswing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Sunday, April 05, 2020
Spent a Sunday reading the book, and the only people I could feel bad for were Declan and his chosen family. Their world was crumbling, and no matter what they did, they were at everyone else's mercy if others were let into their lives. The three generation of women in the family were just insufferable, and the tiny village community around them even worse. Not sure how to rate the book, therefore I won't be giving any stars, but will read some more Toibin in the future.

Journal Entry 13 by wingpippiswing at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland on Sunday, April 05, 2020

Released 1 mo ago (4/6/2020 UTC) at Turku, Varsinais-Suomi / Egentliga Finland Finland

Book's off to a wishlist reader!

Journal Entry 14 by wingkihaanwing at Laihia, Pohjanmaa / Österbotten Finland on Wednesday, April 08, 2020
Thank you for the book, pippis. Wow, it's been busy traveling...